Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Las Vegas Blvd. South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got word that a second Las Vegas SpC is in the works for Town Square, which is on Las Vegas Blvd. just north of Highway 215. That's what most people around here expected, as it's where Solar City has its offices. No timeline yet. This will be much more convenient than the downtown location for travel to and from California, and is about 10 miles closer to Barstow than the current downtown LV location. I suspect that Town Square will be heavily used by locals, as it is a popular shopping destination.

One of the users of our SuperChargers for Tesla app (Superchargers For Tesla on the App Store) has just reported a brand new SuperCharger in Las Vegas.
The user say this "Supercharger is under construction.... It is 10 stalls in Town Square near the Lazy Dog restaurant and it is currently under construction".
Address:
6509 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119

Last edited:
I went by the location today! There are 10 stalls. My guess is that it will be on line before Christmas....Its in a prime location backing up to Las Vegas Blvd at Sunset. There's a Flemings Steakhouse, a Lazy Dog Restaurant and a BoneFish Grill within easy walking distance.

I understand that Tesla is planning to add another set of Superchargers in Town Square later. (Definitely unconfirmed but it would not be a surprise if it happened!)

Last edited:
Stopped by to take a picture. It's surrounded in chain link, green tarp. Took a picture through a hole in the tarp.

Attachments

• IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    802.1 KB · Views: 332
Thank God!

The existing one is a pain to get to and is in a damn sketchy area that I'd never consider visiting at night

I'd be shocked if they didn't close the one in downtown. That is the worst location (and most unsafe!) Supercharger I've ever encountered.

LOL, you guys are funny. I drop off my daughter right there every morning, for high school across the street. I've been there at night, too. It's not Town Square but it's fine, really. Downtown is gentrifying, and it's conveniently located for Fremont Street, the container park, and lots of new restaurants. I'm happy about the new location too, of course. More superchargers is better!

Yes I hope they keep both! And I assume if they do that they will eventually be adding one near the 515/215 interchange as that would have the 3 major highway intersections covered. That being said, that interchange doesn't offer many great locations, so maybe just something on the 515 on the way towards Arizona (exit 59 possibly) or even just back in Henderson like Green Valley area, although that would be rather close to this one that is under construction.

It should also be noted that this supercharger is rather close to the LAS car rental terminal. Not sure if any company has ever tried renting electric cars, but I could see them trying it in a place like Vegas. Some company like Sixt maybe.

Reactions: drjshetlin
Yes I hope they keep both! And I assume if they do that they will eventually be adding one near the 515/215 interchange as that would have the 3 major highway intersections covered. That being said, that interchange doesn't offer many great locations, so maybe just something on the 515 on the way towards Arizona (exit 59 possibly) or even just back in Henderson like Green Valley area, although that would be rather close to this one that is under construction.

It should also be noted that this supercharger is rather close to the LAS car rental terminal. Not sure if any company has ever tried renting electric cars, but I could see them trying it in a place like Vegas. Some company like Sixt maybe.

Enterprise Exotic rents Teslas out in certain locations.