Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior lighting from Premium Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone with recent purchase who got the premium package that came with power lift gate and interior accent lights check something,

i li know at night, I do see the lights under by the arm rest on the door. While driving yesterday night, i didnt see any in the driver and passenger foot area. Was there suppose to be one? If so should it be on while drive or only in park mode?

where else should the light be?

Good question. I'd like to know too. I see the lights under the arm rests on the door but I could not see any foot well illumination and i thought that was surprising, especially for a very pricy options package. I'm still surprised you can't change the color of the ambient lighting to a color like amber that is more night vision friendly. The S Class has a nice interface for adjusting the color of the night vision lighting and that's offered as a standard feature.

Good question. I'd like to know too. I see the lights under the arm rests on the door but I could not see any foot well illumination and i thought that was surprising, especially for a very pricy options package. I'm still surprised you can't change the color of the ambient lighting to a color like amber that is more night vision friendly. The S Class has a nice interface for adjusting the color of the night vision lighting and that's offered as a standard feature.

The S class illumination is slick!

I am still trying to figure out if I got a defect light package or not, given when I picked up the vehicle a few days ago, the airbag contact was not even connected. How did that pass QA was beyond me.

I don't have it under the drivers or passengers footwell (while driving. While parking it lights up), but I do have it BEHIND the drivers and passengers seat footwells for the 2nd row passengers.

So I'm trying to understand the accent lighting, like under the door. At night does this illuminate continuously? What else stays lit? My non-premium lighting car has the front footwell lights (however dim), one in the Frunk, and one on the Hatch for the trunk. There are cutouts and wiring for 2 extra trunk lights, but no LEDs. Each door has a Red rear-facing light and a ground facing white "puddle" light, but no LEDs in the pop-out handles.

The footwell lights turn on when the door is opened, but don't stay on long. The 4 front/rear "map" lights stay lit longer. I'm not sure what the rationale for this is.

I definitely don't have the rear under-seat floor lights. Do these also stay lit at night in the premium cars?

I also don't have any settings on the MCU (Center Display) that pertain to this. I'd love to figure out how this is enabled, since all the wiring is there and it's only logic. Same with the fog lights, cornering lights, etc.

Near as I can tell so far there are 2 extra sub harnesses that are put in for 2 options, one is the premium audio. It gets a harness that adds in a green connector to the MCU (line outputs) and runs the the extra amplifier module under the steering wheel. My car doesn't have that and the green connector on the MCU is empty.

On the cars with the rear liftgate power option, there is a sub-harness and several modules. The main power/control input for the controller module in the passenger side trunk area is present, but the rest is not there.

Under the door arm rest both driver and passenger side stay lit while driving. The front footwell only light up on entry. It turns off while driving. A bit dim and cheesy.

The whole package, only lift gate is worth while. Rest was cheesy. Like turn lights and two dinky ambient lights. Fog light is cool, but no really used. Waste battery power at night