Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Tinting MS in DFW?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Trey is awesome. Speed Shield - Clear Bra Dallas

Photosync tint is incredible. I had 35 put on all sides as well as the pano (I wouldn't go 35 over the pano, maybe 55) and then 75 on the windshield.

IMG_20150502_133905133.jpg

I would highly suggest getting a clearshield put on, at least the front. He's best at that as well.

When you say 35, I assume you mean the 35% on the ultra level tint job, and darker tint (55%) on the pano? And 75% on the windshield? Is higher clearer?

Yes, the higher the number the clearer it is. It is the percentage of light transfer. So the lower the number, the lower amount of light is transmitted.

I got 35% on all the windows and the pano roof to get maximum heat rejection and the dark look, and then 75% on the windshield for heat rejection (the tint is not noticable at all, so you don't have to worry about getting stopped for it, since it is technically illegal).

If I were to do it over again, I'd do 55% on the pano because the pano is already very heavily tinted. With another 35% over it, it is really dark. In a full sun, summer day, I can just about directly look at the sun it is so dark. So anytime outside of a super bright day, the pano is almost as dark as if there were pano.

Yes, the higher the number the clearer it is. It is the percentage of light transfer. So the lower the number, the lower amount of light is transmitted.

I got 35% on all the windows and the pano roof to get maximum heat rejection and the dark look, and then 75% on the windshield for heat rejection (the tint is not noticable at all, so you don't have to worry about getting stopped for it, since it is technically illegal).

If I were to do it over again, I'd do 55% on the pano because the pano is already very heavily tinted. With another 35% over it, it is really dark. In a full sun, summer day, I can just about directly look at the sun it is so dark. So anytime outside of a super bright day, the pano is almost as dark as if there were pano.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I will try Trey for my next car (which I hope to be an MS).

Yep. Trey is awesome. Speed Shield - Clear Bra Dallas

Photosync tint is incredible. I had 35 put on all sides as well as the pano (I wouldn't go 35 over the pano, maybe 55) and then 75 on the windshield.

View attachment 153875

I would highly suggest getting a clearshield put on, at least the front. He's best at that as well.

What did all that run you, if you don't mind me asking? I am thinking about photosync 55 on the sides and 75 on the windshield.