Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of Workshops for Scratches, Dents, Repainting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lx3h

Charged.hk's Director of Education
Since there are many minor accidents to our beloved Model S reported on both LINE group and Facebook group, I am starting this thread for anyone who have experience in fixing their car's scratches and dents to recommend trustworthy workshops. Best if you can leave your name and contact numbers here (if you don't mind) if that can help getting discounts for fellow owners.

鈴師傅 @ Kowloon Bay

鈴師傅最新資訊 !!!
為提供更佳的環境及服務效率,
鈴師傅將 於 9 月 30 遷往 九龍灣 大業街 ,
太子白楊街店將營業至9 月 23 日 。
9 月 24 日至 26 日 搬遷期間,將暫停提供所有服務, 如有不便, 敬請原諒。
11950176_932442463461616_5337063930621944021_o.jpg

i recently dinged my model S (was heart wrenching to hear the metal crunching sound) and promptly called Tesla service to see if they could repair it. i was informed that they dont do any repair work themselves but got me into the authorised repair shop for Tesla locally, called Kingsway. I gave them a call, sent them photos of the ding, and they came back with a hefty 5000 HKD quote, along with a warning that they may not be able to successfully fix it. just as an alternative check, i took it to a local auto shop down the street and he garaunteed that he could make it look like new again, and so i handed the car to him instead. 24 hours later - the car was restored to its original beauty. and for 1900 HKD. If anyone has the Hong Kong Tesla manager's contact i would be very grateful if you could pass it on - I would like them to be aware that their authorised repair place is clearly trying to rip customers off.

i recently dinged my model S (was heart wrenching to hear the metal crunching sound) and promptly called Tesla service to see if they could repair it. i was informed that they dont do any repair work themselves but got me into the authorised repair shop for Tesla locally, called Kingsway. I gave them a call, sent them photos of the ding, and they came back with a hefty 5000 HKD quote, along with a warning that they may not be able to successfully fix it. just as an alternative check, i took it to a local auto shop down the street and he garaunteed that he could make it look like new again, and so i handed the car to him instead. 24 hours later - the car was restored to its original beauty. and for 1900 HKD. If anyone has the Hong Kong Tesla manager's contact i would be very grateful if you could pass it on - I would like them to be aware that their authorised repair place is clearly trying to rip customers off.

Sorry to hear about the scratch. I had such a painful experience myself earlier this year.
As for the difference in costs, this is quite common in Hong Kong (is this your first car?) Bringing your car back to the authorized dealer almost always costs 2-3 times (perhaps even more) than going to a third party. This is how the authorized dealer makes money, and there are plenty of car owners who don't want the hassle of soliciting price quotes and/or want to take the perceived risk that a third party may not do as good of a job as the authorized dealer. I'm glad you got yours as good as new so economically, and of course, I also wish the official repair centre could do it more cheaply, but I've come to accept this is the reality.
I went to Kingsway to repair my scratch and I don't regret it (just regret scratching it in the first place!)

Sounds like a good workshop, care to share the details here? It is what this list / thread is for.

I have had a few cars in HK, and am well aware of how authorized dealers will rip you off. however, in this case, Kingsway is not an authorized dealer, just an authorized repair shop. Unlike other car companies like BMW which will gladly rip off their own loyal customers who make the mistake of taking their car in to BMW service (and i can accept that because that IS their global standard), Tesla thus far has been fantastic and virtually cost-free with any after-sales service issues i have had. So in that context, it does seem anomalous that while they themselves dont want to rip off cusomters, they are comfortable with an authorized repair shop charging above-market rates. The other possibility is that they are unaware that Kingsway is charging 2-3 times more than other repair shops, which is why I want to inform them about this pricing discrepancy.

The auto repair shop I used is Wah Ngai Motors on High street in sai ying pun. highly recommended!

Sadly, I had minor scratch(no dent) on driver side rear fender(just above the rear wheel) when existing a narrow Estate carpark. Tesla authorized body shop quoted me ~$4,000(for a dealer service is acceptable) but with one month booking.
I visited DreamColour in Shau Kei Wan for a repaint. This shop charged me $2,580 with only 2 days booking. AND pick up my car on the same day. Good result!

Those second car dealers and paint C-Fu's are very good at spotting repaint.

Don't mean to bad mouth but just an objective statement of what I experienced with Ling C Fu. I bought a set of forged Rays from them before for my old ICE car, a set of tires for it as well as another set of tires for my wife's ICE car. All fine.

Then when I went to get the tire rotation, as they said it was included for free, I was told I have to call and make an appointment. Yes there were people at the shop, but they insisted I have to leave and call and come back another day "due to policy". I live in Sai Kung and they were still at the Prince Edward/Kowloon Tong location. In the end I got a small by the road shop to do it for 300 HKD which took 10 minutes.

I messaged them back saying I offered to just wait for the whole afternoon if necessary and would've gladly paid them 600 HKD to do it instead of sending me home to come back, in exchange of my time. But they still stood by their "policy" rationale; it's unfair for customers who made an appointment. But I'm like so you need people to make appointments if they get a tire puncture; something that takes more than the 10 minutes it took for a tire rotation to fix?

Anyway, they have great knowledge and seems to be the top place for repainting/customization for wheels in HK and their business is great having all those Ferraris and Lambos out front everyday. But just a suggestion you should call to book an appointment in case you live far away and don't want to be disappointed if you drop by.