Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunday afternoon, July 12, alternatives for the cancelled Party at Picnic Creek

lets try this

• Picnic at the Presidio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you may have gotten an email Bonnie had to cancel due to a family situation.

Is there any interest for those people that are still around the extra night would like to do something that afternoon instead? I've placed a Public Poll here so we can see what the general consensus would be.

There are several other events in the area on Sunday or we could try to have a BYO style Picnic at a local park. Some picnic areas are available including a cookhouse.

• Los Altos Arts & Wine Festival, Pacific Fine Arts Festivals (10am to 6pm)
    • Note: very close to the conference
  • Off the Grid: Picnic at the Presidio, San Francisco (11am to 4pm)
    • Note: Heavy traffic is expected on Lincoln Blvd due to the road closure at Doyle Drive this weekend. Visitors to take any of the southern road entrances and avoid Lincoln Blvd
  • Picnic Potluck/ BYOBBQ @ Joseph D. Grant County Park Cookhouse, San Jose (8 am to sunset)
    • Cookhouse can accommodate 60 people and is still available for Sunday
  • Something Else... open to suggestions, such as:
    • Scenic Drive
    • Wine Tour

If going the Picnic route, I would needs number by end of day today so I can prepare a bit to secure a place and some supplies.

Last edited:
The last time I've been in the area was when I was 9, so I'll let others who know these places decide which option is best.

However, regardless of the venue picked, I'm in! Let us know the time, the place, and the price.

The last time I've been in the area was when I was 9, so I'll let others who know these places decide which option is best.

However, regardless of the venue picked, I'm in! Let us know the time, the place, and the price.
Cool. I'm good to go with the flow as well. That being said a drive and late lunch sounds good. So many great drives in the area to choose from.

Cool. I'm good to go with the flow as well. That being said a drive and late lunch sounds good. So many great drives in the area to choose from.

Count me in for anything (as long as I can hitch a ride with someone to the event, and I'm hoping I can also hitch a ride with anyone who is staying in Sacramento Sunday night since I am flying out of SMF just past midnight). And drive and late lunch sounds good to me too - more scenery, less traffic preferred (I live in the DC I-95 corridor, so it takes a lot to impress me on the latter, and I'd rather pass no matter how good a showing y'all can do on that front ;) ...)

p.s. thank you Paul for stepping in to set this up!

Last edited:
Always wanted to visit the computer history museum: Computer History Museum
it moved to CA just as I moved to MA. Seems to be open Sunday.

If you're at all interested, you should absolutely go. It's fantastic, and the Mountain View Supercharger is in its parking lot. They actually run the Babbage Engine, one of only two in existence, on Sundays (I believe at 1pm, but you should verify). The story about how it came to be will blow your mind. I'll leave it at that so you can let the experts tell it in case you go. Then you can look at the first Google servers from Stanford, a Pixar cube that animated Toy Story, an Apple 1, one of two Enigma machines in the western hemisphere, and so on. Fascinating stuff.

If you're at all interested, you should absolutely go. It's fantastic, and the Mountain View Supercharger is in its parking lot. They actually run the Babbage Engine, one of only two in existence, on Sundays (I believe at 1pm, but you should verify). The story about how it came to be will blow your mind. I'll leave it at that so you can let the experts tell it in case you go. Then you can look at the first Google servers from Stanford, a Pixar cube that animated Toy Story, an Apple 1, one of two Enigma machines in the western hemisphere, and so on. Fascinating stuff.
Yes its at 1pm. Was very cool to see it in action. Highly recommend catching that if you visit.

I was there last year. Saw a lot of old "friends" xerox 860, IBM 360, Honeywell DPS 6, UNIVAC....

PARTY! - We have a large house in Los Altos Hills to host a large party at on Sunday.
thinking taco party but will need to have a concrete idea by Saturday morning. Lots of out of the area folks so potluck seems non-ideal. Any help or ideas appreciated. We can hit up Costco for some drinks and appetizers + will have lots of fruit and veggies

PARTY! - We have a large house in Los Altos Hills to host a large party at on Sunday.
thinking taco party but will need to have a concrete idea by Saturday morning. Lots of out of the area folks so potluck seems non-ideal. Any help or ideas appreciated. We can hit up Costco for some drinks and appetizers + will have lots of fruit and veggies

We'd love to come to the party. Let us know if we can help or support you!
βyrοη (@Soulopoulos) | Twitter & Martin Gillet (@mgillet) | Twitter

Best idea I've heard so far. Might want to try a sign-up sheet or an announcement today.