Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quirk review by "Luxurious Magazine"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, and sorry!

Thank you, SmartElectric, for sharing my Model S video review for Luxurious Magazine on this forum. As a non-Tesla owner who was lucky enough to have one on test for six days, I'm sorry I made everyone cringe by slamming the bonnet (or should that be Front Trunk?).

Mind you, it sounds even more alarming when you're inside the frunk and someone else slams the lid on you.

The video is an all-too-brief account of my time with the Model S, but the full written review (a mere 4,200 words) will be published shortly on Luxurious Magazine.

As you can tell, I absolutely loved it and now view the world of cars as being divided into two categories: Teslas and everything else.

I'd be very grateful if anyone who is on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+ wanted to share the video, as it will (I hope) introduce other people to the wonder of Tesla - and the more of them there are, the better the world will be.

I'm on Twitter at @JonBonViveur and will be Tweeting about Tesla as often as I can.

One day, I hope to be as fortunate as you and own a Tesla, too.

Best wishes from England

Jon

PS: Still haven't heard back from The Pope.

Loved the "Point and whoosh" reference. As for slamming the frunk, (cringe), considering he's from the UK should that be slamming the froot? :)

I was just wondering about that very thing. Do European owners actually call it the froot? I would.

The monkey at the end was a bit on the creepy side though.

And if he thought the S85 was quick, I'm curious as to what he'd think about the P85D...

The English call the front hood the "bonnet" and the rear trunk is the "boot". So I doubt that "the froot" is the typical English term for the frunk.

And typical for us complicated Germans, we call the bonnet "Motorhaube/Motorraum" und the boot a "Kofferraum". So the frunk or "bonnoot" (?) would become something like a ..., no I don't really want to go there ;-)