Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tech-focused P85D review on IGN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ryanjm

Tesla Podcast Host
Oct 10, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the bit of self-promotion here, but because the site I work for (IGN) is not a typical car site, I suspect many of you aren't aware of it. We're mostly about video games and entertainment, but we do cover tech as well. And that's how I approached my review of the P85D. It's more of a tech-minded/focused review rather than a car review. There's a written piece and a video version as well. Take a look and I hope you like it!

P.S. I'd like to thank this board for many reasons, but specific to this review, you guys are the reason I knew to include the bit about 4G LTE rolling out in the newest cars. I didn't cite TMC specifically, though, only because I didn't want to draw unwanted attention to what is such a wonderful, tight-knit TMC community. :wink:

Excellent review. For those who've not found the video yet it's, appropriately, over on the video section of the forum.

But what's this about 4G? First I've heard of it. Is this something that can be upgraded in 3G cars?

Excellent review. For those who've not found the video yet it's, appropriately, over on the video section of the forum.

But what's this about 4G? First I've heard of it. Is this something that can be upgraded in 3G cars?
First owner noticed it and announced it in this thread. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/48305-It-looks-like-I-have-LTE-enabled From there it spread around the net. Lots of speculation about the upgrade possibilities, no actual facts.