Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whitefish Destination Charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to a wedding in Whitefish, MT in August, and see no problem getting there via Missoula, but don't see a way to getting a charge for the return. Don't think a 110v plug will do it.

According to PlugShare there are a few choices in Kalispell, and I bet there are a bunch of RV Parks in that area. RV Parks Near Whitefish, MT — Google Maps

Don't discount the lowly 120V Outlet. It will give you 75 rated miles a day...

Hello Napa Bill - if you stay at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake they have a temporary 240 volt plug for guests in their underground parking garage. I charged there every night I stayed there.
ring me up if you need particulars 805/427-0712

- - - Updated - - -

Hello again Napa Bill

dont go all the way to Missoula if coming via Couer d'Alene. Go to Superior SC the back track to St. Regis then north to Elmo then on to Whitefish.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do stay at the lodge at whitefish lake - stay in the condo buildings all units have Great Lake views and nice living rooms and full kitchens - 2 or 3 bedrooms

- - - Updated - - -

Another excellent place to stay before Whitefish is the Marriott in Couer d'Alene. They have 2 80 Amp Tesla chargers

I'll add to the plugshare comment as my wife posted it.

We stopped for breakfast at the lodge after out first trip off the supercharger network up to Glacier National Park. Tinky had posted that it was active only about 24 hrs before we were on our way home. Thankfully we have Verizon and can actually get data up there. The plan was to stop at the Flathead Electric Co-op's chargepoint which is free but very slow (30 amps) and not near anything but a Wendy's. On our way to Glacier We ended up taking the bus downtown to Moose's in Kalispel (great pizza and beer).

Anyway, talked to the front desk who asked the valet if we could charge in the garage while we waited. They were really excited to see us since it's not posted anywhere that they have it, or wasn't until we added it to plugshare. I think the only Tesla they had seen before was Tinky's (I think) and a roadster that visited on occasion.

They have one J1772 and a HPWC. We only got 40 amps from the HPWC. The valet (Nick) was very eager to ask questions and took us back to see the electrical panel when we mentioned we were only getting 40 amps. He said it was supposed to be the full 80 but the electrician may have split it between the two. They were going to call the electrician about it when we left. Spent about an hour talking Tesla with them. He was thinking about charging people to use them in the future, not sure if anything has become of it.

We also QC'd the rest of the chargers in the Kalispel area while we were there since the chargepoint was temporarily down when we showed up. I'd encourage you to stop by the Eyehear to plead the case that they shouldn't uninstall their charger. I guess the employee they had it for is no longer with them. It's a really cool audio video store and they have some awesome products they may be willing to demo. Didn't work for our Tesla but it might work for yours.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: