Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S P85D Price Reduced to $100k (M-C Red, Tan NG, Pano) - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spentan

Dec 26, 2012
SoCal
2014 Tesla Model S P85D Price Reduced to $100k (M-C Red, Tan NG, Pano)

UPDATE: The Vehicle now has just over 28,000 miles, and the price has been adjusted to reflect a recent trade-in offer from Tesla. Couple of interior pics also uploaded. Front Driver's seat is to be replaced by Costa Mesa Service Center (has been on backorder for about 2months now, so not long to go). Tires were replaced less than 2 months ago.

In anticipation of my Model X, (and my CPO Sig P85 I'll use in the meantime) I've decided to see if anyone is interested in buying my Model S P85D.

VIN ends in 67544, Vehicle was delivered 12/31/2014. It has done approximately 12,500 miles.

When I purchased the vehicle, it was under the old pricing scheme, which brought the price of the car to just over $135k (plus tax).

I do have the Next Generation REAR Seats, which look and feel amazing according to my passengers (I'm 6ft9in and 420lbs so I don't exactly sit in the rear seats often)

Spec is as follows (based on today's pricing):
Model S P85D $105,000

EXTERIOR:

Red Multi-Coat Paint 1,500
All Glass Panoramic Roof 1,500
21" Grey Turbine Wheels 4,500

INTERIOR

Tan Next Generation Seats 2,500
Carbon Fiber D?cor 1,000
Black Alcantara Headliner Included

PERFORMANCE

Carbon Fiber Spoiler 1,000
Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included

OPTIONS

Autopilot Convenience Features 2,500
Premium Interior and Lighting 3,000
Smart Air Suspension 2,500
Ultra High Fidelity Sound 2,500
Subzero Weather Package 1,000
Destination and Regulatory Doc Fee 1,200

VEHICLE PRICE BEFORE TAX CREDIT $129,700

I know you can claim $7500 worth of Tax Credit, and $2500 in California, which brings it down to $119,700.

EDIT: I've reduced the price to $110,000 to align with a CPO P85D. It has the 19" wheels yet my vehicle doesn't have the rear facing seats.

Apparently there have been changes to the suspension which lead to the early P85Ds (mine included) being as sporty as a "P85D+ of sorts. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/48575-P85D-%28pre-post-April%29-ride-performance

Also, mine does have the Staggered 21s, unlike new deliveries, which come with 245s all around.

You're welcome to make me an offer, I'll consider all reasonable offers.

Pros:
Immediate Delivery in SoCal
Vehicle already registered.
Sportier Suspension
Staggered Wheels and Tires
Next Gen (Matching) Rear Seats
Carpool Lane Stickers already applied

Cons:
No LTE, 3G only
No Heated Steering Wheel
25,500 or so miles already on the vehicle
12 months old

My car was the subject of a cinematography class shoot hence the pics, added some regular sunlight pics as well.

If anyone wants a CarFax, feel free to PM me an email address and I can provide one for you.

List Date: 7/8/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2014 Tesla Model S P85D Price Reduced to $100k (M-C Red, Tan NG, Pano)
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

6b6f8f1e-4425-4ccc-adcd-e3d2de2dd8fe.JPG
0f5c2d04-9fda-49c6-b1ff-b46e27fdad19.jpg
f1e914c8-5433-42b0-b775-2d1336b3c963.jpg
e29b81c2-a96e-482a-a285-b70b73343f5c.jpg
aea3c4b9-94a8-405b-8530-8561933bf06e.jpg
c0983038-b1d4-4928-beb9-f0cb7b628b12.jpg
f2ce2f11-1235-44b0-9377-9ec4c27e0f64.jpg
a37cce42-7aa9-47f7-a0c7-2491a41f27e1.JPG
734aa122-94b6-4a61-8cd3-5bdb45e5b0ae.JPG

If the Tesla is still under lease, can I takeover the payments?

Hi Baytechguy,

it isn't under lease. It was paid for in cash (ACH). Are you interested in financing it (or paying cash?) I'm not sure how a lease would work for a used car.

I was actually thinking of paying the $5000+ for the Ludicrous Mode upgrade, but I dunno, because I have a Model X on order, and the X may come before the S.

Let me know if you're still interested and I'll figure out what to do.

I know you can claim $7500 worth of Tax Credit, and $2500 in California, which brings it down to $119,700.
Why do you claim that? The guy who buys it will be buying a used car.

Frequently Asked Questions about Vehicle Tax Incentives the tax credit applies to new vehicles only. How do I know if I can apply for a rebate? | CSE and Is my vehicle eligible for a rebate? | CSE state it must be a new vehicle.

http://www.irs.gov/file_source/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf from Plug-in Electric Drive Vehicle Credit at a Glance has this:

"The following requirements must be met to qualify for the credit:
• You are the owner of the vehicle. If the vehicle is leased, only the lessor and not the lessee, is entitled to the credit;
• You placed the vehicle in service during your tax year;
• The vehicle is manufactured primarily for use on public streets, roads, and highways;
The original use of the vehicle began with you..."
Just because you didn't claim them doesn't mean the owner of your used car is eligible.

Last edited:
2014 Tesla Model S P85D Price Reduced to $110k (M-C Red, Tan NG, Pano)

Why do you claim that? The car's used now.

Frequently Asked Questions about Vehicle Tax Incentives the tax credit applies to new vehicles only. How do I know if I can apply for a rebate? | CSE and Is my vehicle eligible for a rebate? | CSE state it must be a new vehicle.

Just because you didn't claim them doesn't mean the owner of your used car is eligible.

I think you misunderstood my post.

I was saying that you can claim that on a new one, not mine.

It was to provide transparency regarding the price when comparing cost to a new one.

Last edited:
Bump,

Car is still available. Pls advise if anyone is interested.

FYI it has the rear next gens, as well as the "P85D+" Sportier Suspension. Also the Staggered 21s, for which the tires were replaced about a month ago.

BTW, mileage is now at 25428mi

I think you are going to have a hard time selling it for $110,000, the CPO ones are selling for less, have a lot less mileage, plus a four year warranty. For a used car, Tesla uses the formula of 1% per month and $1 per mile, that makes your car worth in the low $90s.

Fair enough, the $110k is so that if someone lowballs me to 100, then I'd consider it. Tesla is actually giving me a trade in value of around 99, so to go through the hassle isn't really worth it.

Let's see, might just trade it to Tesla

Nice car, great options, and VERY reasonably priced. Good luck with your sale and I'm sure you will find a buyer soon.

This is a great deal for someone looking to buy a P85D. If it was silver with 19" wheels I might have bought your car if it came with the Extended Warranty. The price is absolutely fair.

To better compete with CPO cars you might want to highlight that you can sell the car with the Tesla Extended Warranty for 7 years of warranty coverage (3 years remaining factory warranty + 4 years of extended warranty). This would be an asset to a buyer looking to buy a slightly used car with a longer warranty period. Even if the buyer keeps the car only for 4 years it will make it much easier to sell in 4 years with the additional warranty coverage.

Nice car, great options, and VERY reasonably priced. Good luck with your sale and I'm sure you will find a buyer soon.

This is a great deal for someone looking to buy a P85D. If it was silver with 19" wheels I might have bought your car if it came with the Extended Warranty. The price is absolutely fair.

To better compete with CPO cars you might want to highlight that you can sell the car with the Tesla Extended Warranty for 7 years of warranty coverage (3 years remaining factory warranty + 4 years of extended warranty). This would be an asset to a buyer looking to buy a slightly used car with a longer warranty period. Even if the buyer keeps the car only for 4 years it will make it much easier to sell in 4 years with the additional warranty coverage.

IIRC you can buy the extended warranty anytime before the original warranty, (not the drivetrain eight year one, but the complete four year one) has expired.