Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fountain Valley (LIVE 28 Aug 2015, Expanded 27 Oct 2017, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is definitely a Supercharger coming to Fountain Valley! It is being built now at the Costco Center off MacArthur Blvd. The exact location is at the South end of the PetSmart store near the corner of MacArthur Blvd and Newhope St. I went by the area yesterday and there is construction fencing around the site in the parking lot and a row of framing for the chargers.

I am super thrilled about this site for several reasons. First, I am down that way almost every weekend. I only have 110 access down there, and a weak outlet at that. 3 MPH often. I tend to not even bother most weekends and come home to LA with a low SOC. I may not use this new SC one a lot, but at least I have the option to grab a few volts if I'm really low.

How far from the Costco exactly is it? Can I shop there while I charge and still bring the cart all the way to the car?

Second, on the more selfless side, this will provide massive relief to the SJC site (which I never use). This site can even surpass SJC, though it is north of the 405/5 interchange. I hope they install 12 stalls. Heck, I hope they install 16!!

It is across the large parking lot from the Costco. Easily walkable but maybe not a good idea with a loaded cart! I believe there will be 10 stalls but could be room for more.

Hey amptsup, don't you know the etiquette around here? You are obligated to post pictures!!! :biggrin:
Maybe I'll use the SC while shopping, then drive the car closer when it's time to load up. That Costco lot can get pretty severely congested. I hope there is not too much icing.

Hey amptsup, don't you know the etiquette around here? You are obligated to post pictures!!! :biggrin:
Maybe I'll use the SC while shopping, then drive the car closer when it's time to load up. That Costco lot can get pretty severely congested. I hope there is not too much icing.

Here you go. The building in the first picture is the Petsmart store.

IMG_20150706_082622.jpg
IMG_20150706_082626.jpg
IMG_20150706_082628.jpg

Here you go. The building in the first picture is the Petsmart store.

Wow, construction is further along than I thought! Cabinets already on site. Though there were rumors about this location, I am stunned that there were no details leaked until now.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the location is not that far off from where I usually park when shopping at Costco. It is always easier not to fight for a close spot. Plus, I need the exercise from all the food I eat after shopping there.
Costco.jpg