Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nissan "Mixim" EV to appear at Frankfurt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have other info on this concept?

Nissan to unveil an electric prototype in Frankfurt
Posted Aug 29th 2007 7:02PM by Xavier Navarro
Filed under: EV/Plug-in, MPG, Nissan, Frankfurt Motor Show

Nissan has announced a concept EV, called Mixim, for the Frankfurt Motor Show. The vehicle has four-wheel drive because two sets of motors (called supermotors) are placed on each axis. The batteries are Li-Ion. No information about performance is given in the press release, although they're called "fast" and "endurant".

Among the design ideas of the EV, one of the most remarkable is the driving position right in the middle of the car, leaving two recessed passenger seats at each side of the driver, a fourth folded right behind. The controls are said to be inspired by video game pads. It's shorter and lower than a current Micra (3.7 m - 12 ft 3 in- long and 1.8 m -6 ft- high).

Because this is a concept, Nissan states clearly that no mass production is guaranteed, although the car has been developed along the principles of the Nissan Green Program.

Other products Nissan is offering in the greenest spectre of their model line (albeit for size) are a new paint on the Micra C+C and the refreshed Micra (with new interiors, stereo with MP3 input and a speed limiting chime).

AutoblogGreen

Nissan_Mixim_Concept_Car.jpg
nissan%20mixim%20concept%204.jpg

NissanMixim_2_560.jpg
NissanMiximPr_1_560.jpg

Last edited:
What's with concept cars these days? It seems like they're all either boring or completely goofy.

Is this car supposed to "wow" us with Nissan's technical and styling prowess, or is it supposed to give us a glimpse of Nissan's future direction with production cars? I ask because, from where I sit, it's not wowing me and it doesn't look practical for production.

The sail-doors are just a typical car-show gimmick. The whole thing of putting the driver in the middle and a seat on either side leaves me scratching my head -- it seems like a step in the wrong direction. Tango and VentureVehicles have a much better idea with their narrow vehicles and tandem seating, IMHO.

And the styling. . . I'm not sure what kind of message the designers were trying to put across, but it's not working for me. All I see is "goofy".

I've got to admit it's an improvement over the Nissan Pivo.

I actually kindof like it, but I have to admit it does look a bit goofy.

I think it's much better looking than ZAP's Obvio and it may actually work. Regardless, I'm much more interested in the specs than the looks right now anyhow.

I do believe there is a market for EVs that are small, meant only for commuting, and have limited ranges. Why haven't we seen one of these yet hit the market?

NissanMixim_3_560.jpg

NissanMiximPr_3_560.jpg

NissanMiximPr_7_560.jpg

New Review

"The Mixim has two 50kW ‘Super Motor’ electric power units that drive each set of wheels (making it a 4x4) and features new compact lithium-ion batteries flat-packed below the floor for better interior space. An ‘expected’ 150-mile plus range and 112mph top speed are predicted."

"...Nissan’s recently signed joint venture with NEC to develop, manufacture and market such batteries. ... Nissan says its new batteries will only take 20-40 minutes {to recharge} and has pledged as part of its ‘Nissan Green Program 2010’ to have a fully electric car by 'early in the next decade'."

950Kg = 2090lbs

It is just usual nav stuff and destination list integrated with the dash... You know...

Stop for lunch,
Sight seeing,
Take out laser turret emplacements,
Pick up the kids from soccer practice,
Fire torpedo down the vent shaft,
Drop off the dry cleaning,
etc.