Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planning ahead for tracking deliveries, reservations, options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I predict people will want to start analyzing deliveries, production, etc

Honestly I thought the model S process was a bit messy. The forum posts and self-edit spreadsheet were support intensive and had issues.

This is just a new thread to bring those interested in the process to start sketching something BEFORE Bonnie is driving away in her sig#2 going "woooooooo" and mere mortal people scramble to do spreadsheets, forms, etc

One can do a lot with a simple google form and some analysis in the backend. One form per relevant event may yield enough time series samples to do some inter and extrapolations

Of Course the info won't be as critical given the possibly very fast ramp up. Unlike the S, it's not like we are all cheering for it to take off week by week.

So I've decided to take this on. Looking for some beta testers to test the completed registration and security portion this week and next week to test the completed dashboard features to date. As we get some example data in during the testing, I'll prototype some reports for feedback and do them the week following.

Features in scope:
  • Login (completed)
    • Audit Trail of invalid attempts (last displayed to use including last successful login)
  • Registration - Validated email registration (completed)
    • Users must use a valid email
  • Password Reset - via email link (completed)
    • Users must use a valid link to reset password
    • Password change request logged
    • Password change email notification
  • Conversion of TMC/TM reservations data (partially completed - TMC only so far up to post 343 - March 13 2013 to test conversion script)
    • Registered users can claim an existing reservation to make it an order (saves a little time/data entry)
  • Dashboard
    • My Reservations (can turn into an order including claiming a Model X Tally statistic record)
    • My Orders (from order date onward)
    • Reservation Graph (to do)
    • Order Graph (to do)
    • Delivery Reports
    • Order Reports
    • Data Extract

Nice to Haves (maybe later/depending on interest).
  • "Remember Me" (so you don't ever have to log in) -> site does allow browser saving of user/password.
  • Account avatars and pictures of "as configured" and/or finally delivered
  • Range and Road Trip logging (towing impact analysis)

Open to feature requests and ideas.

Cheers,
Paul

So I've decided to take this on. Looking for some beta testers to test the completed registration and security portion this week and next week to test the completed dashboard features to date. As we get some example data in during the testing, I'll prototype some reports for feedback and do them the week following.

Cheers,
Paul

Still looking for beta testers? If so, I can help test it out...

Progress Update...

Version 1.3 Beta TEST was just released to the beta testers. Its now at a fully functional stage for reservation tracking. Just the design studio/configurator/some reporting left to do.

We could use one or two more testers and if someone is really board.... two things:
  • help gather some reservation data from TMC/TM Tally Threads
  • suggest and mockup some reports

Hopefully this will be up before the real design studio... its shaping up that way!

Cheers,
Paul