Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor August 22nd Free Rinse less car wash clinic! Clean with 4 gallons of water!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys and gals! I want to put a clinic together to show Tesla owners how to do a proper rinse less car wash! With the California drought it's really hard to wash your car the traditional way in your drive way. Well I've washing with 4 gallons of water with great success for years and would like to share this know how with the Tesla Community. I'll be hosting this at my shop in Walnut Creek and will have my self and full staff available so we can do hands on demonstrations of this. Since I offer this service to any of my customers and have had such a great response with it I figured the must be others out there would like to learn. If your interested in please respond to this thread. We will get started at 10am and go all day depending on how many people show up. After Demo's I will have area's set up for you to practice on your own car, or if we use yours a demo we will wash it for you! There is no charge for this just doing our part to give back and help with the draught conditions.
AEB8BA45-60DD-478D-9385-3857A4B0F93F_zpstac3fzfy.jpg

DSC_0267_zpszakkfgni.jpg

TeslaExterior_zpsae025382.jpg

The date I have planned for this is August 22nd Saturday. I'm reaching out to Tesla but your more than welcome to bring any car you would like. I also plan on doing some video's that with a volunteer or two to a camera guy/gal(I have a great camera) so I can put up instruction videos!

Thank you,
Joseph Torbati
Bay Area OCDetail

Hi guys and gals! I want to put a clinic together to show Tesla owners how to do a proper rinse less car wash! With the California drought it's really hard to wash your car the traditional way in your drive way. Well I've washing with 4 gallons of water with great success for years and would like to share this know how with the Tesla Community.

Thank you,
Joseph Torbati

In the interests of saving water, I have been using less than a gallon of distilled water in a pressurized sprayer. The sprayer cost me about $5, the water is about 90 cents (no spots), and just about all of it evaporates.

I spray the car to get off the larger particulates. Usually it's just plain road dust. Then I microfiber it dry. NO soap. I usually do a 3M spray carnuba wax to replace what I might wipe off. I have been doing this about a year, and my car ends up looking all shiny bright, just like yours. Anyone who knows me knows my car pretty much always looks good.

My wife and I do the car with about 15 minutes of together time. I do all the upper level stuff, glass, hood, nose and rear hatch, and she does the below the belt buff up and vacuuming. I recommend it! Then there's another 5 minutes telling each other how good the car looks all cleaned up.

My other comment is that there are a lot of people who never wash their cars and let someone else do it. I don't do this to save money, per se, but because all you auto detailers are way off in the city, and I'm not. And I think I do a better job than the car wash places, in general.

Hi guys and gals! I want to put a clinic together to show Tesla owners how to do a proper rinse less car wash! With the California drought it's really hard to wash your car the traditional way in your drive way. Well I've washing with 4 gallons of water with great success for years and would like to share this know how with the Tesla Community. I'll be hosting this at my shop in Walnut Creek and will have my self and full staff available so we can do hands on demonstrations of this. Since I offer this service to any of my customers and have had such a great response with it I figured the must be others out there would like to learn. If your interested in please respond to this thread. We will get started at 10am and go all day depending on how many people show up. After Demo's I will have area's set up for you to practice on your own car, or if we use yours a demo we will wash it for you! There is no charge for this just doing our part to give back and help with the draught conditions.
AEB8BA45-60DD-478D-9385-3857A4B0F93F_zpstac3fzfy.jpg

DSC_0267_zpszakkfgni.jpg

TeslaExterior_zpsae025382.jpg

The date I have planned for this is August 22nd Saturday. I'm reaching out to Tesla but your more than welcome to bring any car you would like. I also plan on doing some video's that with a volunteer or two to a camera guy/gal(I have a great camera) so I can put up instruction videos!

Thank you,
Joseph Torbati
Bay Area OCDetail

Joe--I'll try to come by to lend moral support. Depends on work schedule. You can pick which S I should bring for you to show off...:)