Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to pair Homelink - looking for recommendations (Hörmann)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla owners,

Just received my brand new 85D. Fantastic car as expected. Very happy !
Except for one thing : I fail to initialize Homelink... and this is driving me absolutely insane.

Garage motor : Hormann Supramatic P (2006).
Transmitter : Hormann HSM4-868 (blue buttons, 868 MgH).

It is a fixed code (not rolling code).

I checked on the Homelink site : It is compatible as long as Homelink version on Tesla is Version 7 or above.
I installed new batteries as recommended (I used two of them, since I've done a lot of trials).

I tried the pairing routine at least 25 times. I got the headlight confirmation signal only 3 times, meaning : most of the time I end up with no headlight signal, and spinning wheel still rotating on the main screen

For each of the three times confirmed by the headlight signal, the icon becomes green (good, what a relief) but when I try to press the button, nothing happens (no reaction from garage door, what a disappointment).
As it is a fixed code, the car go not ask to press learn on the receiver (which is normal).

Do you know if Homelink version on Tesla is indeed higher than 7 ?

Is there a very specific place where to place the transmitter ( I apply the transmitter frontally on the nose cone, about 6 inches to the left of the T as recommended - I have noticed that it works better (2 successes instead of 1) when I apply it below the chrome compared to above.

I found the original box of the transmitter in the basement and I see in the manual that for pairing new remotes they should be positioned side by side, so may be I should try to place the transmitter on the car sideways as well. Will try tomorrow when I get new batteries... again).

So... not a very succesful experience with Homelink for now...

Has somebody struggled as much as I do to get the headlight signal confirmation.

Has somebody also ended up with the icon becoming green, but no reaction from the door.

Do you think there might be something wrong with the car receiver/transmitter ?

Any recommendation for me ?

Is there a happy end to this ?

Thank you very much.

David

Two things come to mind ....

1. Park as close to the opener as possible and (just in case) ... keep your phone away from the area.
2. Use a different remote. Sounds strange, but I had a similar problem and the only way it resolved was using a key fob style remote for the garage door opener. The "main" remote would do all the steps but would never pair.