Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picketing outside Tesla HQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had occasion to drive by the Tesla HQ on Deer Creek Road and was surprised to see pickets outside the main gate (and security obvious at the other entrances).

There was a big sign with something to the effect of 'Tesla kills families, Tesla kills jobs'

I hadn't noticed any other mentions of an issue or industrial action?

No MX to be seen :biggrin:

Wonder if it's the Auto worker's union trying to gain a foothold.

My understanding was that Tesla supports union or non union both. Union is allowed, not required.

Not having positive experience with unions, I don't know. It sounds more like auto dealers complaining that Tesla should join them in maintaining their out dated business model. I think that Smith-Corona, Remington, and other typewriter manufacturers complained when the word processor took their businesses.

Saw this on Twitter just now.

CI7Is3IUAAE69oK.jpg

I've seen that same Grim Reaper and sign with a different company name (Looks like it might even be the same sign with how the Tesla part looks added on). Think it was 2 guys picketing some construction co in Concord. Their flyers were basically the same content as the sign -- essentially no content, just bashing. Wonder what the story with them is.

we had the same type of protestors at our local Harley Dealership. Had to do with them hiring non union workers for a remodeling project. The "protestors" were not union employees but low paid immigrants standing around in the hot sun.

Thought it awkward for the union to complain about Harley hiring non union workers, when the union was doing the same thing.

I drove by and picked up their flyer. It is from Carpenter's Local 713 in the small print on 2nd sheet.

I do have sympathy for folks trying to make a living in such an expensive area.

"requiring the General Contractors and all their sub-contractors pay the Carpeter Area Standard Wages and Benefits on all jobs all the time".

Photos of flyer here Protest at Tesla | TESLA OWNER

Last edited:
I have zero sympathy for unions, public or private. My wife had a very negative experience with the teacher's union while she was working in the public schools. Basically, unless you've attained tenure, they don't give a $#!+ about you. Also, although in a heavily pro-union state, I hope Tesla never folds to the UAW. The day they do that is the day they start their inevitable, gradual decline.