Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Executive Rear seats discontinued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up purchasing a CPO vehicle for my business (Livery Services),

but even if new, I'd rather spend $700 on a Premium Rear Console than having the Exec Rear Seats. The fact that you can't put the seats down, nor transport 5 total pax in a pinch, is just not worth paying extra for.

Don't see it on Tesla Motors | 纯进å£è±ªåŽæ™ºèƒ½ç”µåŠ¨å››é—¨è½¿è·‘车 either.

These type of rear seat options are popular in China. So much so that Audi/Merc/BMW created long wheel base of certain models specifically for Chinese market. I rode in a Mercedes E350 with extended wheel base while in China and the difference is dramatic. It's popular there because most people with luxury car would have chauffeur driving it. It's not that the car isn't fun the drive, but the horrible traffic taking away all the fun.

That was a stupid option to begin with. They were trying to make MS into a limo style similar to BMW 750 or Mercedes S where you have a driver.

what even more dump is the simple fold down center arm rest most cars have as standard to be cup holders, you have to pay 700 for. Which a few ppl complain on hinge issue defect.

That was a stupid option to begin with. They were trying to make MS into a limo style similar to BMW 750 or Mercedes S where you have a driver.

what even more dump is the simple fold down center arm rest most cars have as standard to be cup holders, you have to pay 700 for. Which a few ppl complain on hinge issue defect.

I like the rear seats with no center console. Then you can comfortably sit 3 people, and no one has the ***** seat.

That was a stupid option to begin with. They were trying to make MS into a limo style similar to BMW 750 or Mercedes S where you have a driver..
You are viewing that option from an American perspective. In China that rear seat style is in demand as has been pointed out up thread multiple times. We do not yet know if the option has been discontinued in China.

I actually looked into the option and, at the time, the problem was that the seat didn't recline. Maybe this was changed in later iterations. Had the rear seat reclined, as is the case in other cars, I would have seriously considered it.

Also the executive rear seat meant you couldn't flip the seats down and had a much less usable trunk.
One of my friends got the executive rear seat, he seems to like it. But he is a dumba55 in my pretty accurate opinion.

You are viewing that option from an American perspective. In China that rear seat style is in demand as has been pointed out up thread multiple times. We do not yet know if the option has been discontinued in China.

True. I can see in Asia that might be popular. Because only the super rich are able to have cars of that size. Otherwise most of them use public transportation, bikes, or own very small car.

I don't know. I liked the option, though it was a bit expensive. I rarely have to fit 3 across in the back, and the rare times when I do, it's not a big deal if the center lacks the same comfort as the sides. I can't remember what the exec seats looked like, but if they were missing a head rest for the center, that would be another bonus. I would rather have the visibility. Right now I drive a Volt, which is 2+2 with no center rear seat, and it's never been a problem.

Probably the only deal breaker, other than maybe the price, would be if you could not fold them down, which sounds like it might be the case based on one of the prior comments on this thread.

I've never in my life heard of a rear car seat that reclines. Some of you are coming from a different world I've apparently not visited.