Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas in July

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

My husband and I are anxiously awaiting the delivery of what we expect to be the first of many Teslas we'll own in our lifetime. It's hard to escape the infectious allure of the Tesla brand, and we've certainly caught the bug. "Late July" can't seem to get here fast enough.

A little about us...we are in our late 30s (hubby turns 40 in December, but he'd kill me if I didn't acknowledge that WE'RE in our late 30s...some of us are just a bit closer to the big 4-0 than others). ;)

We live in Colorado and are somewhat accidental EV enthusiasts. We didn't set out to save the planet, but have been driving around a 2008 Prius for a number of years now and it just seemed like the logical next step. We also own all things Apple and, as many others have pointed out, the similarities between those two companies are hard to miss. Who doesn't love the concept of a car that can actually improve over time, as easily as an iOS update? Sign us up!

We have two daughters, the oldest of which is about 18 months from driving. Our plan was to invest in a really fun car for US (not something for the family), for the first time in, well, ever! Daughter #1 would then inherit said Prius.

But what to get??? I'm embarrassed to say that we actually considered a 2015 Corvette Stingray for about 48 hours. Hubby owned an '84 Camaro Z28 when we met and we had some fond memories in that car. But every single car we've owned since that one has been a Japanese import. And you just get accustomed to a certain standard in reliability and quality that I've not seen in anything American. When I sat in the Stingray, I still got that feeling of "plastic-iness." I longed for the feeling of luxury of my Lexus and Acura vehicles. So I said to my husband one night, let's stop screwing around and just get a Tesla. The next day we drove to the Park Meadows Mall in Denver and placed our order for a 70D with just about every option (minus 3rd row and air suspension). It was confirmed 6/27 and we're slated for a Christmas in (late) July folks!

We cannot be more excited to join this community and totally jump feet-first into this EV world. I look forward to chatting with you all through this forum!

Am I really that predictable? I've already begun pricing out a solar system and checked my HOA fine print for rules about beekeeping! I'm hopeless! :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

We ordered Midnight Silver Metallic with gray NextGen seats and black headliner.

Am I really that predictable? I've already begun pricing out a solar system and checked my HOA fine print for rules about beekeeping! I'm hopeless! :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

We ordered Midnight Silver Metallic with gray NextGen seats and black headliner.
other than the black headliner, that would probably be what I would order if I was going to get a second one. I love the gray interior. Enjoy the wait, it's like weeks of Christmas Eves!

Hi Queen B
pour cars went into production almost the same day. Mines also midnight silver with grey seats, but with white headliner. Hope they don't mix them up

mine shows August delivery still. Perhaps b/c of the extra distance to the East Coast. Enjoy and Good luck!

arvind

Hi Queen B
pour cars went into production almost the same day. Mines also midnight silver with grey seats, but with white headliner. Hope they don't mix them up

mine shows August delivery still. Perhaps b/c of the extra distance to the East Coast. Enjoy and Good luck!

arvind

Mine is shockingly showing in transit today. I can't believe it only took 3 days to build. My advisor says they will likely see it Monday and I may be able to take delivery on 7/16! Somebody pinch me!