Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S P85D owners - are you getting a Model X 85D or Model X P85D? or 70D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
For fellow Model S P85D owners that are planning on getting a Model X - are you thinking of a Model X 85D or P85D? Or 70D?

Model X 85D - maximum range (250 miles?), probably $20k less expensive, you still have your Model S P85D when you want to "have fun".
Model X P85D - insane mode 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds?, bragging rights, earlier delivery, less range (230 miles?) but still enough for daily usage?
Model X 70D - save another $10k, later delivery, much less range (220 miles?) but still enough for daily usage? Still have your Model S P85D when you want to "have fun".

Of course, this assumes the Model X uses the same batteries and motors as the Model S. There is also the possibility that the Model X P85D won't use the larger rear motor, but rather it might use the same medium sized motors as the 85D but with upgraded inverters (i.e. Model X P85D might not be the same motor configuration as the Model S P85D) resulting in less of a performance improvement compared to the 85D, maybe 0-60mph in the low 4's or high 3's.

Our X will be my wife's primary car, and the car we take on road trips. I still travel into no supercharger land, so we will probably opt for the vehicle with the longest range. Even if cost was no object, we don't have a need for two P85D equivalents.

As a non P85D owner, but Roadster owner... A Model X will be replacing my wife's Highlander Hybrid in the next few years. We'll be going for max range and road tripping. So a Model X 100D or thereabouts for us. No performance mode necessary.

We'll be going for whatever has the longest range, since the X will become our main vehicle.

EDIT:

(My reading comprehension is off tonight, as I just noticed this was open to current P85D owners)

Sorry for skewing the results!

Last edited: