Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A quick trip from Southern to Northern California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
Nine Days ago we rolled back into our garage in Long Beach, CA after driving North for an errand in Oakland and a party in San Carlos, CA.

852.9 miles/22 hour round trip, and it was still easier than Day one of our cross-country roadtrip 2015 from LA to Maine.

We hit the superchargers on I-5, Fremont, and the new Mountain View, liquid cooled supercharger on this trip.

It is surprising how scenic the I-5 route actually is.

18620911183_78b67e29b1_c.jpgIMG_9501 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

So, if you've wondered about the I-5 drive, join us as we go North and South in one day.

Wait. Where did you see green grass in California in the end of June on I-5?

Note: Looking at your photo stream it just appears your camera has a color problem as some pictures have an overall green look and in the same general area the grass is golden brown as expected.

18619001224_5c59ac3a8e_z.jpg

Wait. Where did you see green grass in California in the end of June on I-5?

Note: Looking at your photo stream it just appears your camera has a color problem as some pictures have an overall green look and in the same general area the grass is golden brown as expected.

View attachment 86348

@aesculus

We use several devices. My wife notes that my BlackBerry has a bluish hue to the pictures that it takes. What was green were some crops on the drive, at speed it could look like grass.

There's a reason they call it the Golden State.

Hey guys, Dan and are up in Napa. Beautiful drive off of the 5. Going to play some golf and visit friends. But alas no time for Tesla Connect. Report back at next month's meet up.
PS having a great time with TACC. Pretty amazing.

Bonnie and Dan have fun in Napa, may your golf scores be low and wine ratings be high! Grab a nice Rose or White for us, it is the summer, and a good time to drink either one.