Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comprehensive Insurance Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

My 85D should be arriving next month. Just wondering which insurance company would be the best? I have tried calling a few, only a handful offer them and those that do are charging in excess of $5000...

Some feedback would be great, thanks

Cheers

Azzuhri
Hi Azzuhri, welcome to the Forum.
We have a local thread discussing the topic here: Model S Insurance in Australia
My Model S is insured through NRMA so perhaps start with your local motoring association.

My policy is with Youi. Online at the time no dice. But on the phone, yes. They are very high pressure people though. Expect the phone call to last at least 45 mins!! Their price was right but not as low as quoted above. Nevertheless I accepted their quote.

Thanks for that, I did try YOUI but they said they would not even quote me one due to the high price of the car. So far I only have got CGU but they are quoting me $4500!!

Yes some of them are just ludicrous. As others have mentioned try your local equivalent of the RACV/NRMA, they generally seem to be pretty reasonable and are fairly reputable as far as insurance companies go. Shannons are in a similar boat. I know some people have done well with Youi but their sales process is so disgusting I refuse to do business with them on principle. And god knows what they'd be like to deal with if you actually had to make a claim.

Yes some of them are just ludicrous. As others have mentioned try your local equivalent of the RACV/NRMA, they generally seem to be pretty reasonable and are fairly reputable as far as insurance companies go. Shannons are in a similar boat. I know some people have done well with Youi but their sales process is so disgusting I refuse to do business with them on principle. And god knows what they'd be like to deal with if you actually had to make a claim.
I made a claim on YOUI for my other car - no problem at all.

Hi All

If you are residing in Adelaide, two of the best options for insurance are Suncorp and RAA. Both are under $2000 depending on the options you choose. Suncorp went as low as $1400 per annum, which is pretty good.

I got mine in Adelaide from qbe for under $1500, but you have to also consider location and the policy fine print. This one has a 2 year car replacement if written off, and includes learner driver (daughter). Further my wife has a habit of using the insurance, so the excess was important to me. The excess that history tells me I will need is a significant risk.