Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IPad calendar won't sync reliably

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having this problem? I can get my iPad to sync via Bluetooth which gives access to calendar and music. Problem is it only works one time. When I get back in the car, the iPad syncs but only with the music. The calendar does not. The calendar screen displays says there is no phone connected. The Bluetooth screen says it is connected to my iPad and there are two indicators next to it. One is phone the other is music. When I go through the sync process, both light up indicating connection and the calendar works fine. When I re-enter the car, only the music lights up and the phone button is grayed out.

Kind of interesting this works at all. I would think it should not recognize your iPad as a phone because it is not. I would expect that the calendar screen should, as it correctly does, there is no phone connected. It may be a bug that it connects the first time ;)

I'll have to check mine in the morning and see what happens.

Assume you still have the Tesla app running on the iPad?

My understanding (which may be wrong...) is that the Calendar data doesn't actually travel via Bluetooth. Certainly the Tesla app is responsible for fishing the data out of the calendar on the phone and sending it to the car - which I believe it does over the internet connection rather than bluetooth, and it seems to be cached in the car as there is some lag in updates. Bluetooth is used to detect that the phone in question has arrived in the car and so bring up the calendar.

Tried that one...no help

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know what you find out Gary. Thanks

As I suspected, the iPad (running 8.3) connects as a media device, NOT as a phone. So, I see no calendar information on the Tesla. Switching over to my iPhone, I get calendar data.

Updating to 8.4 now.

OK. With 8.4 on the iPad the behavior is the same as 8.3. I.e. the iPad connects as a media device but not as a phone.

Whatever you are seeing is not correct, i.e. you should not see any calendar info.

What version of iOS are you running?

Last edited:
As I suspected, the iPad (running 8.3) connects as a media device, NOT as a phone. So, I see no calendar information on the Tesla. Switching over to my iPhone, I get calendar data.

OK. With 8.4 on the iPad the behavior is the same as 8.3. I.e. the iPad connects as a media device but not as a phone.

Whatever you are seeing is not correct, i.e. you should not see any calendar info.

What version of iOS are you running?

Is your iPad one with a cellular modem? Is his? That might be a difference...