Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth issues Model S and iOS 8.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
I'm experiencing new Bluetooth issues since upgrading my iPhone 6+ to 8.4. Bluetooth occasionally disconnects and then re-connects within a few seconds. It's enough to move a call back to the phone or to drop streaming music. Anyone else seeing this?

I just tried repairing to see if that helps. My watch is also occasionally dropping so I think it's the phone.

using a 6+ with iOS 8.4 and have no issues (other than the usual stuff that has been around a while: phone not connected, touch connect, voila it works fine) with 6.2 2.4.149 on my car.

No (new) issues with BT on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4. The only issue continues to be the same issue I've had forever: All's good until I access Facebook on my iPhone. For some reason, the Facebook app just causes continuous disconnects. No other app has issues that I've found (not even Instagram). Just Facebook. On my iPhone 6 and my wife's iPhone 6. Weird.

After upgrading my iPhone 6+ to ios 8.4, every morning phone will not automatically reconnect. Car displays "phone not connected". Once phone is powered off and restarted it connects. Not a major issue just little annoying. Any suggestions or help appreciated.

I had this issue. It would drop after 5 seconds. Turned out it was my Tile. Do you have other items that use Bluetooth as well? If so, unpair them to see if that might be the problem.
Spot on, it’s the tile app, not the tiles. I had this issue and even worked with the tile app folks. They had no solution other than to kill the Tile app every time I get in my car. That was months ago and they do not have a fix. Needless to say, that made tile almost useless to me.