Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to plan charging for a honeymoon roadtrip?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!

My first post here at TMC, so thanks in advance for the help an look forward to being a solid contributing member. I ordered my P85D in early May. Looks like it's going to get delivered the week of July 13th.

Also just got married last weekend (June 27th anniversary date... I need to ingrain that in my brain!).

I've been talking honeymoon planning with my new wife. Originally we were thinking a European destination, but with my new "baby" getting delivered soon I've convinced her that we should break in the new car with a Honeymoon road trip!

The challenge is that we live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (aka Winterpeg) and we want to drive basically all the way to Tesla HQ. Wife's sister lives in San Fran, so we want to go cross Canada (or US) to Vancouver, then up the Pacific Coast through Seattle, Portland, etc. right to California.

On the Tesla Supercharger front we're still in a dryspell until next year (which will make getting to Minneapolis quick). I downloaded some apps like PlugShare and EV ChargeHub, but the data seems a bit sparse especially through Canadian prairies and even in the US if I take that route.

So long story short, looking on any advice on the best way to plan out a trip like this? What tools/services would you use? A friend mentioned to me they though Tesla has services to help plan trips like this (she saw it on a TV morning show) but I haven't come across anything like that.

Thanks in advance! Hoping to make it a memorable and awesome honeymoon, but it'll be a no go of an idea if I can't make it there and back :)

Kevin

Thanks! I checked out Plugshare already... seems a little lacking spots for some parts of the planned road trip. Probably not the app's issue though.. just literally not that many charging stations on that route. Will check out SunCountry too.

Use Plugshare.com and rvparking.com Also check out SunCountry.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe... not bad advice at all. We'll see how it goes. If the planning gets too unwieldy on the road trip planning, will fall back on a destination location Plan B. St. Lucia looks to be a great Plan B. :)
Congrats on marriage/car. Sorry, I would instead head off to Ladera in St. Lucia with 3-walled suites each having their own private :cool: pool :biggrin:. You'll have plenty of opportunities for future road trips in your "baby". Jus, my $.02.

St Lucia Resorts | Luxury Resorts St Lucia | Ladera

Hi All!

My first post here at TMC, so thanks in advance for the help an look forward to being a solid contributing member. I ordered my P85D in early May. Looks like it's going to get delivered the week of July 13th.

Also just got married last weekend (June 27th anniversary date... I need to ingrain that in my brain!).

I've been talking honeymoon planning with my new wife. Originally we were thinking a European destination, but with my new "baby" getting delivered soon I've convinced her that we should break in the new car with a Honeymoon road trip!

The challenge is that we live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (aka Winterpeg) and we want to drive basically all the way to Tesla HQ. Wife's sister lives in San Fran, so we want to go cross Canada (or US) to Vancouver, then up the Pacific Coast through Seattle, Portland, etc. right to California.

On the Tesla Supercharger front we're still in a dryspell until next year (which will make getting to Minneapolis quick). I downloaded some apps like PlugShare and EV ChargeHub, but the data seems a bit sparse especially through Canadian prairies and even in the US if I take that route.

So long story short, looking on any advice on the best way to plan out a trip like this? What tools/services would you use? A friend mentioned to me they though Tesla has services to help plan trips like this (she saw it on a TV morning show) but I haven't come across anything like that.

Thanks in advance! Hoping to make it a memorable and awesome honeymoon, but it'll be a no go of an idea if I can't make it there and back :)

Kevin
Well, given the current lack of superchargers in central Canada, you will have plenty of recreational time while charging on your way to Vancouver!

I'd save it for an anniversary, personally, when a few more superchargers are in place. (but being married for 28 years can color your ideas on fun, so YMMV)

But if you do it, please post your adventures.

Last edited: