Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ to Columbus, Ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Panacea

TSLA Shareholder/Believer
Feb 9, 2013
NJ
So what should only take 8 hours driving, will end up taking 12 hours according to the supercharger navigation. What is up with the lack of superchargers in PA? Sigh.
I wanted to make this trip so badly.
Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated....

I've done nj to Pittsburgh via rt 80 several times. Also drove out to cedar point last weekend. The chademo charger at sheetz in state college is pretty reliable, and the manager there is knowledgeable if it does need the breaker flipped.

Driving to Columbus you might prefer the Harrisburg route though. There are two sheetz in Harrisburg with chademo chargers, but I've had less luck with those. It's a clean shot from there though with Somerset and triadelphia.

Rent a car?

Its not worth an extra 4 hours each way or the cost of the ChaDemo adapter to take the Tesla. We'll be making the trip to Pittsburgh in August, and I think we'll be taking a ICE instead, although we may swing down to the Hagerstown one since its only an hour out of the way for us. The lack of SCs in PA does suck, hopefully it will get remedied soon.