Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very happy with my hidden radar detector install! (Beltronics STiR Plus)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a long time Valentine One user (15+ years) but with the windshield on my new P85D I had to look into other options. I went with the Beltronics STiR Plus and so far am very happy, especially with the quality of the install. I had it done at a local shop (Cartunes of Atlanta) and the person I worked with (Nick Mullins) was very familiar with speed enforcement and detection. Even better, one of their installers in a huge Tesla far and really does incredible and quality work on our vehicles.

I know there is a place that you can send in the factory rear-view mirror and they'll embed the display for a system like this, but my shop was able to do it in-house (in two days for everything). As a result the installation is pretty much invisible. The display is in the mirror (see pics) and the control pad was mounted in the shelf under the console display. Behind the control pad is a master on/off switch as well (mostly for the laser system, see below).

The install also includes radar sensors in the front and rear bumpers plus a GPS receiver.

DSC05986.jpg
DSC05994.jpg

I also had them put in a front dashcam (Blackvue 600) and an AL Priority "parking system". The latter protects against laser speed enforcement, however it can't be a hidden install. But if you live in a state with a lot of laser use like I do it might be worth the money depending on how you drive. The LED for the AL Priority is in the left side of the rear-view mirror in the pic in the previous photo. The speaker is inside the dash. Then there are three sensors/emitters in the front and two in the back. They are not as obvious in real life as they are in these photos, but again if anybody asks it is a parking assist system (which it is).

DSC05998.jpg
DSC05999.jpg

Looks good. Just like my install. Where did you end up drilling the holes for the rear and how did you get into the cabin from the front?

I didn't do the install, I hired it out. But he did mention that for the rear laser jammers he drilled a hole behind the license plate.

- - - Updated - - -

+1. I'm considering a similar install.

No problem. Install was $1,189 for radar, laser, and dashcam (including dis-assembly and re-assembly of the rear-view mirror).

I didn't do the install, I hired it out. But he did mention that for the rear laser jammers he drilled a hole behind the license plate.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem. Install was $1,189 for radar, laser, and dashcam (including dis-assembly and re-assembly of the rear-view mirror).

Make sure you get your setup tested. I'd checkout rdforum.org, good place to start. There might be someone local with a laser gun to help you test your setup.