Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V wiring diagram - I want the power windows without ignition on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish they worked the way my BMW does. The windows stay powered for about 1 minute after you turn the car off, or until you open a door. I'm always turning off the roadster and trying to put the windows up.

12V wiring diagram - I want the power windows without ignition on

Hi,

I'm looking for the 12V wiring diagram.
I want to change the power for the power windows so that I don't need to get in first, switch the key, before I can slide the windows up or down.

Step number one... Get a car with "ignition".

I'm afraid no Tesla to date can satisfy your requirement.

EDIT - Or if you think about it, every Tesla to date already satisfies your requirement.

Best,

T

Last edited:
:)

- - - Updated - - -

This the Tesla Roadsteer - so there will never be children in the car, maximum is just 1.

Regardless, anyone knows how to get wiring diagram Tesla Roadster?

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, ensuring another minute or so power for the windows is nice, especially if that minute is (re-)activated when opening a door.
I have set permanent 12V instead of ignition on 12V to the windows for several other cars.
It's normaly very simple to change, but I do want to have the 12V wiring diagram first.....

Anyone???

:)
Indeed, ensuring another minute or so power for the windows is nice, especially if that minute is (re-)activated when opening a door.
I have set permanent 12V instead of ignition on 12V to the windows for several other cars.
It's normaly very simple to change, but I do want to have the 12V wiring diagram first.....

Anyone???
The circuit that does stay on for several minutes in the Roadster after the ignition key is removed is the 12 volt circuit from the lighter plug. If I was to try to do what you want to do, i would completely disconnect the 12 volts running to the power windows switches, and try running the power from the lighter plug to the power windows switches and see if this does what you want to do. Before you do this, check to see that the fuse for the lighter plug equals or exceeds the amperage for the power windows fuse. You might even be able to do this at the fuse block if the fuse controlling the power windows motors only powers the power windows motors.