Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front head lights don't turn ON when i unlock the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my Tesla 70D last week, but i noticed that my FRONT HEAD LIGHTS don't turn "ON" when i unlock the car. Only the fog Led strip turns "ON".

Every car that i owned such as my AUDI , BMW & Benz....the Head lights turn "ON" when i unlock the car.

For me this is a major safety feature when i am parked in a dark area and i want the HEADLIGHTS to turn "ON" when i unlock the car.

Is this possible with the MODEL S????

I've never used that feature, but you're right... it was configurable on previous cars I've owned. (I never use the delay on the lights when I get out of the car either). I actually wish there was a way to prevent even the accent lights from turning on when I unlock the car.

One feature I wish they'd add is the ability to turn on a horn chirp as the car locks. I'm used to cars with walk-away locking. My past few cars have had that feature. But I like to hear that horn chirp as I'm walking away just so I know it locked. As it is with the Model S, I always lock it with the fob. Don't feel like walking backwards just so I can see the parking lights flash.

As others have commented, no, they do not have a setting for the front head lights to turn on when you unlock the car, but there is a setting to keep them when you walk away for a period of time (to better see your way up the driveway or so).