Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a carbon fiber steering wheel installed today. The wheel was made by Tony Spitaleri of Carbon Fiber Element who has done nearly all of the carbon fiber work on my car.

I bought a wheel from my service center and shipped it to Tony. He suggested the tan stitching on the leather part which I think is a nice detail. The carbon fiber has a matt finish to match the dash. The feel of the wheel to the hand is fantastic.

Next I'm going to have another one made with tan leather on the sides to match the seats. When that one is finished I'll probably make this one available in the TMC classifieds. Total cost was about $1,200 (a well known firm in LA sells a piano black steering wheel for at least a grand more). And this is carbon fiber, which is a ton more work. So I think I got a very good deal.

DSC_6137.JPG

DSC_6127.JPG

DSC_6129.JPG

DSC_6132.JPG

Had a carbon fiber steering wheel installed today. The wheel was made by Tony Spitaleri of Carbon Fiber Element who has done nearly all of the carbon fiber work on my car.

I bought a wheel from my service center and shipped it to Tony. He suggested the tan stitching on the leather part which I think is a nice detail. The carbon fiber has a matt finish to match the dash. The feel of the wheel to the hand is fantastic.

Next I'm going to have another one made with tan leather on the sides to match the seats. When that one is finished I'll probably make this one available in the TMC classifieds. Total cost was about $1,200 (a well known firm in LA sells a piano black steering wheel for at least a grand more). And this is carbon fiber, which is a ton more work. So I think I got a very good deal.

View attachment 85958

View attachment 85955

View attachment 85956

View attachment 85957

Very Nice !! Would you care to share his contact info ?

Very Nice !! Would you care to share his contact info ?

It's Tony@carbonfiberelement 732.754.0423

Tony does fantastic work. He did the side mirror caps, front and rear diffusers, side strakes, and nose cone. SUPRKAR introduced me to his work.

- - - Updated - - -

Can they make one in Obeche gloss?

That would be a very tall order but you might contact Tony to ask.

It is really cool, hope one day i'll have same one ..

It's Tony@carbonfiberelement 732.754.0423

Tony does fantastic work. He did the side mirror caps, front and rear diffusers, side strakes, and nose cone. SUPRKAR introduced me to his work.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be a very tall order but you might contact Tony to ask.
It is really cool, hope one day i'll have same one ..It is really cool, hope one day i'll have same one ..

Do you know if this steering wheel will accept the electronics and heating elements of the heated steering wheel?

As far as I know there's no reason that the heated wheel couldn't be covered with carbon fiber in a similar way.

- - - Updated - - -

Rick, don't you think it is time that Tesla hired you as a consultant?

I'll take stock options:)