Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination charging in Nashville?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about a road trip to Nashville and staying at the Gaylord Opryland hotel. I can't figure out how to tell if they offer EV charging there?

I'm coming from Atlanta so I can supercharge in Chattanooga, but I'll arrive in Nashville with only about 100 miles of range left, meaning at the least I'll need a decent charge to make it back to Chattanooga for the way home.

I haven't done a road trip in my MS yet so I'm looking for suggestions.

PS - I have no idea which forum to post this in, moderators please move if necessary.

Actually there are lots of options in and around Nashville if you have a CHAdeMO adapter. Nissan has a major plant in Smyrna, about 20-30 minutes from Opryland, and CHAdeMO free charging is all over the area, including free for everybody at the Nissan Smyrna facility. Just take a quick look at Plugshare and you'll see quite a few options. Other than CHAdeMO the options are mostly much slower. Opryland has no charging at all and neither does the Hyatt nearby. For clarity, I have not used any of these options myself but am planning a trip myself and my Nissan friends advised me of the situation, which I then confirmed with Plugshare. In my past experience many Nissan dealers welcome tesla's, but calling ahead seems always a good idea.

At a recent stay at "Nashvegas", I was disappointed to see ZERO charging options at the Opryland Hotel and Resort. I did see a 220V outlet at the abandoned guard shack Presidential parking lot, but didn't have the connector. I bet it was a 20A for an AC unit. But as jbcarioca said, Nashville is almost the CHAdeMO capitol of North America. The Nissan dealership downtown is very nice. Just ask before plugging in, and stay with your car or leave a number in case a Leaf wants a quick charge.

Well, that makes it easy, thank you. Although for my own educational benefits I'd be curious if I could have done it without the supercharger (if anybody has suggestions).

The Hutton Hotel on West End has HPWCs for guests, and level 2 chargers as well.

There are no good charging options around Opryland; however, the level 2 infrastructure in Nashville elsewhere is robust and will provide many options. Check out Blink.

But like others have said, the Nashville supercharger will be opening any day now.

I understand the Nashville SC is now open

Don't depend on all those Chademo you see listed. Many are broken, some are private, some require a membership fee. I tried 3 before I found a working one at a Nashville YMCA near Green Hills shopping mall. There are plenty of working level 2 chargers.