Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber side view mirror caps and wha't under them

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Great Appliqué Installation Event at delanman's house a few weeks ago with the help of SUPRKAR we also installed carbon fiber side view mirror caps on my car (SUPRKAR already had them on his).

We started by removing the painted caps and here's what we found underneath -- the GPS and wifi antennae.

2T0A6091a-X3.jpg

As the carbon fiber partially blocks the signals SUPRKAR installed a signal booster. With that the GPS, wifi, and phone connections are better than stock.

Here's SUPRKAR placing the carbon fiber cap on the mirror. Easy to do -- just snaps on.

2T0A6095a-X3.jpg

The final result is much better than the vinyl carbon fiber warp solution.

2T0A6098a-X3.jpg

DSC_6119.JPG

DSC_6117.JPG

DSC_6115.JPG

Last edited:
...any idea where AM/FM antennae are and if a signal booster can be used for them? My 2013 build has horrible terrestrial radio reception, and my wife's new June 2015 build has way much better reception. I also would not mind a booster for my cell data antenna (...old 3G...my wife's new 70D has LTE).

I'm thinking of this.
Would you mind sharing the signal booster models that were used

It was a Wilson Electronics Moble 4g Cellular Signal Booster Kit.

- - - Updated - - -

...any idea where AM/FM antennae are and if a signal booster can be used for them? My 2013 build has horrible terrestrial radio reception, and my wife's new June 2015 build has way much better reception. I also would not mind a booster for my cell data antenna (...old 3G...my wife's new 70D has LTE).

Don't know if it boosts radio signals but you might want to check this out.

Would I be able to get more info on these CF caps please? E.g. where to get them and how much they cost.

Carbon Fiber Element in New Jersey. Sent them a set of stock caps and they covered them in CF I think they were $500.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too! Also, where did you mount the Wilson antenna. In the cap? Will it work with 3G or do I need to upgrade?

Thanks!

The antenna was mounted under the nose cone.