Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proven way to clean the INSIDE of your windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Proven way to clean the INSIDE of your windshield

Frustrated there is no easy way to clean the INSIDE of your windshield? Then you haven't yet tried inShield Wiper. It slips onto the back of your hand, allowing you to quickly and comfortably get a streak-free clean in no time. It takes the haze right off of the INSIDE of the windshield. Works great with Rain-X Interior Glass Anti-Fog.

See inShield Wiper in action at: www.inShieldWiper.com

You can also put it on the palm of your hand to wipe the dash and detail other interior areas. It stores conveniently in your glove box so it is always at fingertip reach.

The microfiber cleaning tool is a must have for all Tesla owners, as there is a lot of interior glass to keep clean.

Special price now forTesla Motor Club Marketplace customers!!

List Date: 6/30/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Proven way to clean the INSIDE of your windshield
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $17.99

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

86aa3181-3aff-4f6a-988f-3f00b5f806ee.jpg

A place to store the inShield Wiper:)

Umn... what door pocket?

Thanks for your help!!! I don't yet own a Tesla (still a dream) so I appreciate you pointing this out to me. I also know now that not all Tesla's have a console and some folks aren't too keen on the ones you purchase separately. While the glove box is not real large, the inShield Wiper should fit in there, or in the netting behind the front seats.

Have a great day and again, thanks!!!

Thanks, Phil. I saw some photos online when I was researching Tesla storage and came upon a couple photos of seats with netting. Probably was a Lexus or Mercedes seat trying to impersonate a Tesla :tongue:. That being the case, I hope you try out an inShield Wiper and see how easy it is to use (and how it can fit in the glove box!)

Not only do I know what a Tesla is, but I also know who Tesla was! If we had his energy around today, all of us would be driving Teslas :smile:! My wife's father was born near the village where Tesla lived, Smiljan, Croatia. She and her family visited the museum there honoring Tesla and his incredible contributions to society. Tesla was clearly a visionary who wasn't afraid to introduce new and innovative ways to do things. Great namesake for a great car!

ONLY $12.99 + $5.00 shipping

I simply wrap my microfiber towel around the back of my hand and hold the ends in my palm with my thumb.

I find that spraying the towel lightly with distilled water, folding it over my hand, and then lightly spraying the inside of the window makes for a streak free cleaning. I do not use any window cleaning products such as Windex or RainEx.

I also find that the inside windows hardly ever need cleaning.

I have about 75,000 miles and nearly 3 years of ownership, and I hand clean my own car always.

'Tain't worth nearly $20 to me, but good luck on achieving the American Dream -- Making A Profit!

Is it proven to clean the oily substance on the inside of Roadster windows? (most Elise-based cars seem to have this problem because of certain plastics that are used in the dashboard.)

Yes, it does. I usually use it dry first but if that doesn't "cut it" spray a light misting of your favorite glass cleaner directly on the inShield Wiper microfiber pad and it will quickly clean it. The design of inShield Wiper absorbs the pressure of your knuckles allowing the entire microfiber pad to deliver a streak-free clean.

Roblab and Tinm...I used to do the same, but the knuckles would always leave places more cleaned than other places. If you order an inShield Wiper and it doesn't work BETTER than the old "wrap the hand in microfiber" trick...I will refund double your money!! Take the challenge:biggrin:

Gordo,
I actually tried the Windshield Wonder out before I invented inShield Wiper. What I found was that the handle did not allow me to keep consistent pressure on the microfiber head, plus it was just a hard plastic piece that the bonnet fit over, so it did not always keep the microfiber in contact with the glass. I also found that the handle kept the bonnet from reaching all the way down to where the dash and the windshield meet. When I created inShield Wiper I made the microfiber pad removable and adjustable, so that you can place the microfiber pad to extend over the base unit, which allows the pad to go all the way in between the glass and the dash, cleaning deeper than anything out there. Also, because it fits on the back of your hand you can keep constant pressure on the microfiber sponge which results in streak-free cleaning.

In addition, you can store inShield Wiper in the glove box because it seems like you always notice the haze on the inside of the windshield when you're driving, so inShield Wiper is at fingertip reach. The ones with the handle are too big to conveniently fit in the car.

I have yet to have anyone who has tried inShield Wiper tell me that it doesn't work better than anything they've tried before.