Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cupholder in Tesla Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a picture of mine

IMG_0571.JPG

Sometimes if I'm driving really slowly (e.g. going to the other side of the local mega-mall's kilometer-long parking lot) I've been known to rest a coffeee cup on the door sill. It would be a great to have some kind of cupholder clip extending from the dashboard to keep it secure, except that you need that space when getting in/out.

So I've been trying to figure out a way to anchor a cup holder into the little cubby that's above the sill, and have it fold out of the way so you can get out of the car. It's not such a big problem to attach it; there's a gadget I've seen that gets held in by a little rubber ball. The holders would have to be unique left/right because the cubbies are different.

My Lexus RX 450h has a neat driver's side cupholder in that same general area in it's cabin Doug...it's a spring loaded, retractable cupholder that works really well (as long as you remember to close it prior to getting out & smashing your knee lol)...not sure that you could do something aftermarket, but it might be a good idea for future Tesla vehicles.

Sometimes if I'm driving really slowly (e.g. going to the other side of the local mega-mall's kilometer-long parking lot) I've been known to rest a coffeee cup on the door sill. It would be a great to have some kind of cupholder clip extending from the dashboard to keep it secure, except that you need that space when getting in/out.

So I've been trying to figure out a way to anchor a cup holder into the little cubby that's above the sill, and have it fold out of the way so you can get out of the car. It's not such a big problem to attach it; there's a gadget I've seen that gets held in by a little rubber ball. The holders would have to be unique left/right because the cubbies are different.