Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

30 Jun 2015: World's first nation fully covered by SpCs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
With the opening of Nørre Alslev, Denmark received its eighth Supercharger over this last weekend. With that distribution, and including the two neighboring SpCs to the south in Busdorf, Germany, and to the northeast in Löddeköppinge, Sweden, there now is no part of Denmark that is outside a 75mile/120km circle of a Supercharger. I think this provides good support for claiming that Danes now have the world's first fully-covered nation.

Even so, the official map shows one more still is planned: in the "far" ;) west, seemingly in Esbjerg. Truly superb coverage.

Well done, both to Tesla and to Denmark. It certainly is too bad that this completeness comes just as Denmark appears set to end all effective incentives for purchasing an EV, as is being reported elsewhere in the European forum discussions.

Last edited:
Heh. And with all my Dutch family, too...

Which then suggests that Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Belgium also can claim precedence, doesn't it?

I guess a headline that read "first non-kind-of-round and compact nations..." would be a little awkward, wouldn't it? ;)

With the opening of Nørre Alslev, Denmark received its eighth Supercharger over this last weekend. With that distribution, and including the two neighboring SpCs to the south in Busdorf, Germany, and to the northeast in Löddeköppinge, Sweden, there now is no part of Denmark that is outside a 75mile/120km circle of a Supercharger. I think this provides good support for claiming that Danes now have the world's first fully-covered nation.

Even so, the official map shows one more still is planned: in the "far" ;) west, seemingly in Esbjerg. Truly superb coverage.

Well done, both to Tesla and to Denmark. It certainly is too bad that this completeness comes just as Denmark appears set to end all effective incentives for purchasing an EV, as is being reported elsewhere in the European forum discussions.

Not true right now. For example Kryle is outside a 75mi/121km circle. Needs 125km circles.

- - - Updated - - -

That headline makes no sense. It didn't take until June 2015. As soon as The Netherlands had one, they were a fully covered nation.

No they weren't. Try on Supercharge.info and you'll see Norden is not covered by 75mi circles.

Not true right now. For example Kryle is outside a 75mi/121km circle. Needs 125km circles.

- - - Updated - - -

No they weren't. Try on Supercharge.info and you'll see Norden is not covered by 75mi circles.

Bear in mind that when I first posted this, AudobonB just had the headline, and there was strangely no description or paragraph describing what it was talking about, so there was nothing to go on. He since updated to all that about what country it was referring to and the arbitrary 75 mile circle criteria, which I disagree with.

Secondly, I don't get what you're talking about that Norden is not covered by a 75 mile circle in The Netherlands. I just checked, and Norden is an area basically in Hardenburg, which is inside a 25 mile circle of the Zwolle Supercharger. Maybe you were talking about a different city named Norden in another country? But if so, then why did you reply disagreeing with me, who was talking about The Netherlands.

Okay...as an update to my not very careful OP, here's a better one:

neglecting Liechtenstein
(which should be fair, as it hasn't a single SpC inside its borders:)), at present it is Switzerland that appears to be the champ:

other than a few dozen hectares along the Italian border, by the Wasenhorn & Furggubäumhorn peaks - a completely roadless terrain so it shouldn't count - all of the country is within 50 mi/80 km of at least one SpC. Better still, only a minuscule portion of even that is not covered by at least two SpCs, and much of it by three.

Now, that's complete coverage!