Thread: 30 Jun 2015: World's first nation fully covered by SpCs

Mild-mannered Moderator AudubonB's Avatar

30 Jun 2015: World's first nation fully covered by SpCs

With the opening of Nørre Alslev, Denmark received its eighth Supercharger over this last weekend. With that distribution, and including the two neighboring SpCs to the south in Busdorf, Germany, and to the northeast in Löddeköppinge, Sweden, there now is no part of Denmark that is outside a 75mile/120km circle of a Supercharger. I think this provides good support for claiming that Danes now have the world's first fully-covered nation.

Even so, the official map shows one more still is planned: in the "far" west, seemingly in Esbjerg. Truly superb coverage.

Well done, both to Tesla and to Denmark. It certainly is too bad that this completeness comes just as Denmark appears set to end all effective incentives for purchasing an EV, as is being reported elsewhere in the European forum discussions.
    Last edited by AudubonB; 2015-06-30 at 10:08 AM.
    I need a new sig line....

Quote Originally Posted by AudubonB View Post
    That headline makes no sense. It didn't take until June 2015. As soon as The Netherlands had one, they were a fully covered nation.

Heh. And with all my Dutch family, too...

Which then suggests that Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Belgium also can claim precedence, doesn't it?

I guess a headline that read "first non-kind-of-round and compact nations..." would be a little awkward, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by AudubonB View Post
    With the opening of Nørre Alslev, Denmark received its eighth Supercharger over this last weekend. With that distribution, and including the two neighboring SpCs to the south in Busdorf, Germany, and to the northeast in Löddeköppinge, Sweden, there now is no part of Denmark that is outside a 75mile/120km circle of a Supercharger. I think this provides good support for claiming that Danes now have the world's first fully-covered nation.

Even so, the official map shows one more still is planned: in the "far" west, seemingly in Esbjerg. Truly superb coverage.

Well done, both to Tesla and to Denmark. It certainly is too bad that this completeness comes just as Denmark appears set to end all effective incentives for purchasing an EV, as is being reported elsewhere in the European forum discussions.
    Not true right now. For example Kryle is outside a 75mi/121km circle. Needs 125km circles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_H View Post
    That headline makes no sense. It didn't take until June 2015. As soon as The Netherlands had one, they were a fully covered nation.
    No they weren't. Try on Supercharge.info and you'll see Norden is not covered by 75mi circles.
    Not a Model S owner, just obsessively following Tesla and the advance of EVs.

Blog Entries
    I think the Danes deserve some credit here. They are world leaders in renewable energy production!

More to the point, every supercharger is a victory for all of us, worldwide. We are all in this together!
    Roadster 2.0 #905 | Model S Signature Performance #2001 | Model S P85D #65512
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum without expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNotAboutTheMoney View Post
    Not true right now. For example Kryle is outside a 75mi/121km circle. Needs 125km circles.

- - - Updated - - -

No they weren't. Try on Supercharge.info and you'll see Norden is not covered by 75mi circles.
    Bear in mind that when I first posted this, AudobonB just had the headline, and there was strangely no description or paragraph describing what it was talking about, so there was nothing to go on. He since updated to all that about what country it was referring to and the arbitrary 75 mile circle criteria, which I disagree with.

Secondly, I don't get what you're talking about that Norden is not covered by a 75 mile circle in The Netherlands. I just checked, and Norden is an area basically in Hardenburg, which is inside a 25 mile circle of the Zwolle Supercharger. Maybe you were talking about a different city named Norden in another country? But if so, then why did you reply disagreeing with me, who was talking about The Netherlands.

Okay...as an update to my not very careful OP, here's a better one:

neglecting Liechtenstein
    (which should be fair, as it hasn't a single SpC inside its borders), at present it is Switzerland that appears to be the champ:

other than a few dozen hectares along the Italian border, by the Wasenhorn & Furggubäumhorn peaks - a completely roadless terrain so it shouldn't count - all of the country is within 50 mi/80 km of at least one SpC. Better still, only a minuscule portion of even that is not covered by at least two SpCs, and much of it by three.

Now, that's complete coverage!

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Items for Sale
    Belgium gets 100% coverage with a 100km/62mi radius, not too bad either...
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

Thread Information