Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enel drive card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Luck,
I just tried to call Enel and chatting with 4 different people at their call center and they are just ignorant.
They cant't give me any information at all.
This is Italy, Nice nations, beautiful scenery, that's it.
This People don't just care and are bad bad organized.

Last edited:
Good Luck,
I just tried to call Enel and chatting with 4 different people at their call center and they are just ignorant.
They cant't give me any information at all.
This is Italy, Nice nations, beautiful scenery, that's it.
This People don't just care and are bad bad organized.

Enel drive card is NOT a temporary card, but an annual subscription for residential customers in Italy, as is well specified in the website Enel.

To resolve the problem then contact the Tesla Store in Milan, fully available, instead of pronouncing phrases offensive to a whole country, beautiful and pleasant as Italy and how the Swiss and like all European countries. I hope.

We are brothers and friends, not judges and enemies here, and we are all part of the same Human Family (and European) and especially Enthusiasts Tesla !

:)

Hi Scanred_X,

I'm deeply sorry if you felt offended by my words.:redface::crying:
Actually re-reading my post I COULD AND HAD TO write differently.
I expressed my opinion that it was NOT absolutely adressed to the Italian nation, but purely to the call center of Enel.
At that time I was pretty angry with the last Enel consultant who closed the chat just telling me to call a free(green) number again.:cursing:
This morning when i read again my post i felt sorry and somehow very stupid, for what i wrote.:crying:

So, again, I'm sorry for my mistake. I hope I can fix my problem with Enel and receive the opportunity to recharge my Tesla in your beautiful country.

Have a nice Weekend and happy journeys with your Tesla. :smile::smile:

Hi Paragliding: 1000 thanks for clarifying !!!

I suggest you contact: milan_sales @ teslamotors dot com

They have solutions and advice for cards... Is a secret :)

Recalls that in Italy the main IKEA have charging points (free from ENEL), just sign up as customers and charging is free..

regards and thanks !

Scanred_x

Hi Paragliding: 1000 thanks for clarifying !!!

I suggest you contact: milan_sales @ teslamotors dot com

They have solutions and advice for cards... Is a secret :)

Recalls that in Italy the main IKEA have charging points (free from ENEL), just sign up as customers and charging is free..

regards and thanks !

Scanred_x

Hi Scanred_x,

Thank you for your advice about ikea and the Milan Tesla store. :biggrin:
Next week I will try to reach them and ask for what is best for my charging needs.

Have a nice weekend again.

Enjoy your Tesla drive and happy charging. :tongue::biggrin:

Just asked an Italian speaking friend to call Enel Italy and this was his finding:

You can go to an Enel shop in Italy and ask for the card. You will be asked to fill in forms and show ID and it helps when you register with a / your company and bring company registration details.
Then you get a card and it will then be activated within 24 hours.

I will try...

Just asked an Italian speaking friend to call Enel Italy and this was his finding:

You can go to an Enel shop in Italy and ask for the card. You will be asked to fill in forms and show ID and it helps when you register with a / your company and bring company registration details.
Then you get a card and it will then be activated within 24 hours.

I will try...[/QUOT

Please post here whether it worked.

Thank you

Going to Tuscany end of September and I'm very interested in your experience to get the Enel card. Thanks for sharing.

Working much better, easier and faster is getting a card from Due Energie:

Contact [email protected] to request a contract

· You’ll receive it via email (usually same day)
· Fill-in the contract, signs it and send it to [email protected], include copy of your ID
· You will receive the card at home within 4 days (also outside Italy)
· Charges the card of 40 euro for 100 kWh: now the card is ready
· The customer is informed when he is going to reach the threshold
· You can charge more kWh on the card directly on [email protected] paying with PayPal or VISA
· The card is valid for 12 months, after 12 months you give back the card or recharge 40 euros for 100 kWh and continues to use the service for other 12 months.

Due Energie card works only with some stations from Enel!
In Rome there are actually only 2 stations (both at the same location) that work with this card, although I've seen a lot of stations from Enel all over the city. Check the site from Due Energie in advance: Home Page - Mobility Due Energie
I was unable to get a card from Enel itself in advance. On their website they do have a nice chat application but 3 times they cut me off immediately after I asked if they spoke english. The fourth time the operator gave me a phone number to call. Unfortunetly there I got a computerized message only in italian

Hi, FYI all charging stations in Firenze (Florence) require the magic Enel card that seems complicated to get BUT I charged for FREE at coop.fi (the local big supermarket chain) while taking the convenient tram from via Nenni (just beside the parking lot with several charging columns that require no card at all but is closed at night) to the center... 3kwh charging AND you need a strange 4pin adaptator that I saw nowhere else which you can buy for 9€ at BricoCenter, and then la vita e bella

Due Energie card works only with some stations from Enel!
In Rome there are actually only 2 stations (both at the same location) that work with this card, although I've seen a lot of stations from Enel all over the city. Check the site from Due Energie in advance: Home Page - Mobility Due Energie

The charging station map on Due Energie's webpages seems to list most the same charging stations as Enel's map:

Home Page - Mobility Due Energie

Does the Due Energie card work with all the charging stations listed on the map? Is the map accurate, so that I can trust that the charging stations on the map actually are there and will work with the Due Energie card?

I think you can trust the Due Energie map. There was an error on it that mentioned one more charging point in the centre of Rome, but now they corrected that error.
However there are a bunch of Enel charging points more in Rome (I can only speek about Rome from my experience) than the 2 points on the Due Energie map. Don't get mistaken, these other points won't accept your Due Energie card!

@Jan85D, can you confirm if another card would work on these ENEL charging stations in Rome? For instance in the neighbourhood of the Vatican. I already got a bunch of cards like TheNewMotion, KiwhiPass, MasterCard (you remember how it was so easy to pay for gas...)

I realised that the number of charge points was an error too, which they confirmed to me by email: they only provide access to 2 charging places, which is not enough/good for tourists!

So now I have no choice to charge in Rome than to subscribe for this card which offers me only 2 charge points while ENEL has hundreds of them :( I hope it won't be crowded...

@Jan85D, can you confirm if another card would work on these ENEL charging stations in Rome? For instance in the neighbourhood of the Vatican. I already got a bunch of cards like TheNewMotion, KiwhiPass, MasterCard (you remember how it was so easy to pay for gas...)

I realised that the number of charge points was an error too, which they confirmed to me by email: they only provide access to 2 charging places, which is not enough/good for tourists!

So now I have no choice to charge in Rome than to subscribe for this card which offers me only 2 charge points while ENEL has hundreds of them :( I hope it won't be crowded...

I have no experience with other cards than the one I got from DueEnergie. With this card you can only charge at the charging points that are on the map on their website. When we were there, we were the only ones charging.
Question is: do you really need to charge in Rome itself as there is now a SuC at Magliano Sabina, which is about 70km before Rome. A few months ago the nearest SuC was at Arezzo, about 200km before Rome.

I have no experience with other cards than the one I got from DueEnergie. With this card you can only charge at the charging points that are on the map on their website. When we were there, we were the only ones charging.
Question is: do you really need to charge in Rome itself as there is now a SuC at Magliano Sabina, which is about 70km before Rome. A few months ago the nearest SuC was at Arezzo, about 200km before Rome.

Hi Jan85D,

Yes indeed now the SuC is open, which is a really good news.
I don't think I'll need the card, but maybe I'll just take it when visiting the rest of the country (Tuscany, Alps, Venetia, ...)