Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wedding Day Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like all of you, my fiance is a huge Tesla enthusiast. We've been together 2.5 years and he has probably looked up Tesla news/forums/videos every single day we've been together. We've gone to multiple test drives all over DFW and he falls even more in love with it every time he's behind the wheel. I've looked into renting Tesla through enterprise but it's $300 a day. It is an option and I want our wedding day to be as happy and memorable as possible but honestly, that money is better off going towards our own Tesla fund. There's a reason we're having a tiny backyard wedding. Anyway, the point of this is to ask... We're getting married on July 17th and I was wondering if we could rent[borrow?] your car for a day.

Typing that sounds crazy, no one wants to rent out their personal car. Especially a $100k car. But I figured why not, the worst you can say is no [or not respond, which is totally understandable].

Thanks for listening! :)

Like all of you, my fiance is a huge Tesla enthusiast. We've been together 2.5 years and he has probably looked up Tesla news/forums/videos every single day we've been together. We've gone to multiple test drives all over DFW and he falls even more in love with it every time he's behind the wheel. I've looked into renting Tesla through enterprise but it's $300 a day. It is an option and I want our wedding day to be as happy and memorable as possible but honestly, that money is better off going towards our own Tesla fund. There's a reason we're having a tiny backyard wedding. Anyway, the point of this is to ask... We're getting married on July 17th and I was wondering if we could rent[borrow?] your car for a day.

Typing that sounds crazy, no one wants to rent out their personal car. Especially a $100k car. But I figured why not, the worst you can say is no [or not respond, which is totally understandable].

Thanks for listening! :)

I truly hope someone near you will allow you to live your dream. Several times I have traded cars with someone who, like you, wanted a special car for a special time. There is no worry about insurance, because the car is insured, not the owner, and the owner is allowed to let a friend drive. And unlike renting, a friend will take better care of the car.

I have usually asked that all I want is a picture, and I get to feel that I am part of the moment. Beside all that, I have an app, and I can watch where and how fast, check the charge, and call the driver if there seems to be any problem. Most borrowers have wanted to wash the car before they bring it back.

I take the driver for a short ride, pointing out charging places on a web site like PlugShare. A quick check shows there are a lot available near Denton. And it may be you won't even need to charge up.

The only problem is that the poor driver and passenger are already grinning like school kids at Disneyland, and to put a Tesla grin on top of that is just icing on the already iced cake, but somehow, they are young, and they survived.

Wish you were closer!

I truly hope someone near you will allow you to live your dream. Several times I have traded cars with someone who, like you, wanted a special car for a special time. There is no worry about insurance, because the car is insured, not the owner, and the owner is allowed to let a friend drive. And unlike renting, a friend will take better care of the car.

I have usually asked that all I want is a picture, and I get to feel that I am part of the moment. Beside all that, I have an app, and I can watch where and how fast, check the charge, and call the driver if there seems to be any problem. Most borrowers have wanted to wash the car before they bring it back.

I take the driver for a short ride, pointing out charging places on a web site like PlugShare. A quick check shows there are a lot available near Denton. And it may be you won't even need to charge up.

The only problem is that the poor driver and passenger are already grinning like school kids at Disneyland, and to put a Tesla grin on top of that is just icing on the already iced cake, but somehow, they are young, and they survived.

Wish you were closer!

Thank you for that insight and support! Hopefully others near Denton might read this. :)

I do hope, now you've got us all involved, that you post a pic of you and your fiancee on the wedding day, hopefully with a gorgeous Tesla somewhere in there. It would be interesting to see if this works out, for the wedding, and for all time, too. Good luck to you both!

I will definitely post a photo! Unfortunately there's been a bunch of negative feedback so I'm not sure if it will work out, but I still think it was worth a shot! I'm sure we'll be joining this community someday, even if it takes a few years. :)

I will definitely post a photo! Unfortunately there's been a bunch of negative feedback so I'm not sure if it will work out, but I still think it was worth a shot! I'm sure we'll be joining this community someday, even if it takes a few years. :)

Haters going hate. As a believer in the good intentions of your OP, good luck! And congrats on your upcoming big day.

ProTip: Whether it's a mega blowout or a small backyard affair, everyone wants their wedding day to be perfect. Hopefully that comes to fruition for you, but if not, don't sweat it! Flaws, issues & problems are all normal events in life - resolve you're going to be blissfully happy and will enjoy the day come what may. It's already going to be memorable, with or without a Model S.

And best wishes on your future Tesla fund - you'll get there!

Haters going hate. As a believer in the good intentions of your OP, good luck! And congrats on your upcoming big day.

ProTip: Whether it's a mega blowout or a small backyard affair, everyone wants their wedding day to be perfect. Hopefully that comes to fruition for you, but if not, don't sweat it! Flaws, issues & problems are all normal events in life - resolve you're going to be blissfully happy and will enjoy the day come what may. It's already going to be memorable, with or without a Model S.

And best wishes on your future Tesla fund - you'll get there!

Echo congrats, and to enjoy the day on YOUR (the marrying couple) terms, not the parents' or anyone else's. If non-perfect stuff happens, it just creates a story to enjoy for decades to come! [Especially if there's cellphone video!]

tesla.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

tesla2.jpg
Hopefully the images work! I wanted to upload them just in case anyone was wondering. :) Thank you for following!