Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#1400 takes a hit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on Friday after work...running an errand when a driver going in the opposite direction failed to yield in the left turn lane and turned right into me.

Damage looks pretty extensive and waiting on the adjuster to see what they think...hopefully fixable.

Blah.

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Wow. Best of luck getting her repaired.

Just curious, how did they pull the car onto the flatbed safely, when the tow hook is (normally) in the front? Any problems putting the car into "tow mode"?

My understanding (learned mostly here on TMC) is that Roadsters take frontal impacts better than anything else. There is a lot of messy stuff to replace up there, but at least the crash structure will take the blow and protect the tub.

Certainly hoping for the best for you and 1400. There are too few of us to lose any more!

Wow. Best of luck getting her repaired.

Just curious, how did they pull the car onto the flatbed safely, when the tow hook is (normally) in the front? Any problems putting the car into "tow mode"?

I got it into tow mode pretty easily. It looks like he just hooked into the rear suspension and pulled the car up from there.

well on that note, found out by the guy running my claim that the person that hit me is actually UNINSURED!!!

she showed me and the cop an expired insurance card! :cursing:

I really hope that means she didn't have her current card with her rather than being uninsured.

I've been guilty of carrying around expired insurance cards and leaving my current ones on my desk somewhere stuck in a pile of mail.