Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Watch battery life discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Apple Watch battery life suck, anyone of you uses a docking of some sort in the Tesla for the watch to charge?

My Apple Watch battery life is great--and far better than advertised. I rarely get below 40% remaining when I go to bed, and the watch has been off of the charger for 16-18 hours. I don't have the watch active and in my face every minute, and don't use it for long exercise periods where the continuous heart rate sensor draws power), but it is fine for me. YMMV.

Since Apple Watch battery life suck, anyone of you uses a docking of some sort in the Tesla for the watch to charge?
Doesn't suck for me at all. Most days when I go to bed it has 70% left. If I use Apple Maps on my phone for a long distance it mirrors on the watch, and those days it has about 50% left. Until the watchOS 2 software is out, the watch doesn't show anything while charging, so "docking" it makes no sense. With the new software comes "night stand mode", which shows the time if you touch it while charging. But as the Model S already has a clock I'm not sure how useful that'll be in a car.

Anyone who says Apple Watch battery life is poor clearly doesn't have one (or is a troll). I use mine throughout the day, checking weather, reading emails/messages, checking model S etc, using Apple Maps directions (the best feature imo) and I've never used more than 45% of the battery in a 16 hour day!

I don't have one. I use a Pebble Smartwatch to control the Tesla and the battery lasts a week because of the digital ink display.

Hans,

Noticed your comment on the Pebble watch... I have been using one for a couple of years, and just got the Pebble Time... HOW are you using it to control the Tesla. Would love to have this sort of capability.

I don't have one. I use a Pebble Smartwatch to control the Tesla and the battery lasts a week because of the digital ink display.

Anyone who says Apple Watch battery life is poor clearly doesn't have one (or is a troll). I use mine throughout the day, checking weather, reading emails/messages, checking model S etc, using Apple Maps directions (the best feature imo) and I've never used more than 45% of the battery in a 16 hour day!
Interesting. I had it and returned it. Took of charger at 7:00 am by 7:00pm down to 20% battery. I get a lot of emails esp linked to corp mail

I typically exercise for more than two hours, and use messaging and telephone many times every day. I also use Mobile S almost all the time when I am out of my car. When traveling in cities I usually use the maps continuously. My lowest charge remaining was 30% and that followed about ten hours of constant maps, telephone and message use, plus Mobile S.
For my use battery life is therefore no problem. That said, more is better!

No issues either. Can make it an entire day for most people. That said buying an extra charging cable to keep in your car or work bag not a bad idea. If you have 30 min somewhere where you have time to charge can get a boost.