Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to integrate an incompatible garage door with homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the same solution. But then a software update of the model S suddenly did make my garage door compatible with the Tesla.
So if anyone else wants to use this solution: i have a Homelink universal receiver that i don't use. It's for sale (the Netherlands).

As an aside, there are a ton of garage door openers out there made by the same company (liftmaster, chamberlain, sears, etc.). The main board in most of these has been updated over the years and most are backward compatible with the older units. As an example, the board went out in our unit built in 1993, but the replacement is the updated version used in the current openers. We got a couple of new features when I replaced it. While this may not solve any Homelink issues, I suspect it MIGHT help as I seem to recall the whole pairing process went more smoothly in our other cars (non Tesla) when I just happened to repalce the board for other reasons. Just a thought.

Example of common boards:
http://www.northshorecommercialdoor.com/liftmaster1.html

I just installed a SEAV (RES 2224) receiver for my gate and another for my garage door. I had to order a remote so the MS can learn how the code works.
Works like a charm and uses rolling codes.

I kept my previous opener too as I didn't want to replace all my remotes.

Still not working, still buying additional parts...

Sorka, did you successfully install an Allstar MVP or just assumed it worked? Tesla techsupport have no idea how this works but they actually gave me the link to this thread. After ordering and installing the Allstar MVP 110548 bundled with two Allstar MVP 110925 remote sets it's actually just a step backwards. My brand new motors from Somfo with rolling codes are not compatible with Homelink but the Tesla (after many efforts) actually registred the remote. The Allstar MVP on the other hand, which claims to be Homelink Compatible, are not registred by the damn car at all. The MVP remote works fine with the MVP reciever which is connected to my Somfy motor, but the car won't register the signal. I've tried aiming it at the front bumper 6 inches to the left of the Tesla logo, all over the bumper and below the license plate as well as inside the freaking frunk. Nothing. Nada. Hopeless. Why won't Tesla just let the car work as a universal remote, allowing me to program a Homelink or whatever compatible reciever for the car?