Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which Tesla App/s do you use?

Which Tesla Software App/s do you use?

• Tesla App

Votes: 27 96.4%
  • Remote S

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Visible Tesla

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mainly use the Tesla app but often find it can't connect to the car, particularly if I have used it to connect recently.
Visible Tesla is better at waking the car plus it has more features so I have it on my work computer. I like the preset levels for charging in particular but haven't used the trip meters as I'm pretty much the only driver.
I recently downloaded Remote S but haven't played with it much yet.

I mainly use the Tesla app but often find it can't connect to the car, particularly if I have used it to connect recently.
Visible Tesla is better at waking the car plus it has more features so I have it on my work computer. I like the preset levels for charging in particular but haven't used the trip meters as I'm pretty much the only driver.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts on this topic. Also anxious to learn what app works best with the Apple Watch.

I use the Tesla App on an iPhone 5S through TPG (Optus) 3G. Had the car over three months; tend to use the app half a dozen times a day. Only time I couldn't get a connect car was in a basement car-park.
Car (obviously) is on Telstra and I don't have access to WiFi.

Any tips on getting PebbleFTW to work? I don't seem to be able to log in.

PebbleFTW hasn't yet been rewritten to the new Tesla APIs so if your car has been moved to the new servers it won't let you log in. The same thing happened with older versions of VisibleTesla

My car was moved to the new servers the day before a long trip, and I use PebbleFTW all the time for remote HVAC control so did some hackery to make it work for me.
I want to fix it properly and send the fix to the original developer (if he doesn't fix it himself) but it may take me some time because I'm not fluent in javascript (which the part of the watch app that talks to the API is written in)

HI, Just installed Visible Tesla but can't log in. Using my Tesla email and password. Any ideas? Can login in to Tesla website fine.

Hi Barry

Make sure you're running VT 0.50 or later, as Tesla made some changes to their API that stops older versions from working.
Unfortunately the author still considers it "Beta" so hasn't linked to it from the first post in the relevant thread, but the question gets asked there every week or two.

See here for the relevant info

Hi Barry

Make sure you're running VT 0.50 or later, as Tesla made some changes to their API that stops older versions from working.
Unfortunately the author still considers it "Beta" so hasn't linked to it from the first post in the relevant thread, but the question gets asked there every week or two.

See here for the relevant info

OK. Logged in. Will check it out. Thanks. Do you use it much?

I have VT running 24/7 logging trip data, have it configured to send me emails on charge start/stop/interruptions and if the car's been unlocked for more than 5 minutes
And when going on a long trip I charge to 90% the night before and then have VT scheduled to start charging to 100% about 2 hours before I have to leave (and in winter, turn on the heater about 20 mins before I leave)