Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't Pair Apple Watch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am unable to pair my Apple Watch with my Tesla 85 S.
When I go into settings on the watch it finds the Tesla but it won't connect.
I have rebooted the Tesla, Watch and Phone numerous times and it still won't connect. I have even deleted and powered down my iPhone and just tried to pair the watch but still no connection.
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Thank for your help.

The Apple Watch isn't designed to be paired with other devices directly. It's more of an extender device for your iPhone. No functionality (I.e. phone calls, music, text messages) would be available even if you could pair your Tesla directly, at least not with the current watchOS 1.0.

The Apple Watch links to the iPhone and the Car with the Remote S app. This gives you control of the car on the watch. You also get charge notifications on the watch when charging. Works very well. Make the Remote S app one of your glances on the watch so its always easy to find.

The Apple Watch isn't designed to be paired with other devices directly. It's more of an extender device for your iPhone. No functionality (I.e. phone calls, music, text messages) would be available even if you could pair your Tesla directly, at least not with the current watchOS 1.0.

It's correct to say the Apple Watch is not designed to work with other devices, but you are wrong to say there is no music. I store 2gb of music on my watch and can store more if I wish. I also have Bluetooth headphones connected so I don't need my iPhone anywhere near me while exercising.