Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hourly roadster rentals (SF bay area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if her insurance carrier knows that she's renting the vehicle out on a short term basis?

Get Around is a company that provides the infrastructure for peer-to-peer car rentals, sort of like ZipCar, but you can participate on either side of the rental. As I understand it, they provide the insurance and the hardware that lets renters you approve unlock your car with their smart phone.

I was contacted by one of the principals who wanted to borrow our J1772-to-Tesla adapter to show a Roadster charging from a GE Level J1772 charging station at CES. I have no connection or direct experience with the company.

I think the GetAround business model does make it easy for "run of the mill" car owners to offer up their cars (even exotics) for occasional rentals.
They advertise that they offer their own insurance, so I guess you are covered there. I don't know if the Roadster owner is involved with the company in some way.

Someone going by the same first name seems to do support on their forum, so I am guessing that the Roadster owner works for the company...

http://support.getaround.com/discussions/problems/76-cancel-reservation#comment_4766421
...Posted by Jessica on January 16, 2011 @ 07:43 PM Support Staff...Btw, if you ever want to rent the Getaround Tesla www.getaround.com/tesla
I can help with that! :)
Thank you!
Jessica...

I think the Tesla is available to get them some attention. You are renting a moving billboard!
Tire replacement alone would cut into the $25/hr.

Someone going by the same first name seems to do support on their forum, so I am guessing that the Roadster owner works for the company...

There's a Service Advisor named Jessica at the NY store ...

Edit: Though looking at the thread, it looks like this Jessica is in Cali, so maybe not ...

Last edited:
Hmm... Owner is said to be "Jessica Catherine", not "Jessica Scorpio", so I am left wondering. Maybe the owner doesn't work there, is a different Jessica or someone is using a pseudonym.

And The Winner Of TechCrunch Disrupt NYC IsGetaround!

tcdisrupt_web-004-1614.jpg

tcdisrupt_web-007-1618.jpg