Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chademo wait times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone ordered a Chademo adapter recently? Just curious how long the wait is as of today June 27th. Got a few outings planned this summer where one would be convenient but if getting one is still months of waiting, I won't bother. Won't need it as much come September.

Just got mine - it took them a week to fill the order and a week of ground shipment from the west coast to the east -- 2 weeks.. Just tested it today at a Nissan dealership -- charging at 136 MPH... on 396 volts and 105 AMPs.

CHAdeMO has been great for me, but the stations can be surprisingly unreliable. I'd recommend checking in on the PlugShare comments for the locations you plan on using. There are about 10 CHAdeMO stations on my regular route through Vermont, but many have given Model S owners trouble. I've had issues with most stations, and have had to go to a back up a number of times. Some work great for a while, and then suddenly go out of service while you are charging and in the middle of eating dinner. Not that I'm bitter.

Are CHAdeMO system similar to Blink or Chargepoint where you sign up for membership and charge via it. I don't seem to see it on their website.

EDIT
Nevermind. I think I just read in one of the post it is an adapter that could be offered through BLINK or CHARGEPOINT station.

Last edited:
Are CHAdeMO system similar to Blink or Chargepoint where you sign up for membership and charge via it. I don't seem to see it on their website.

EDIT
Nevermind. I think I just read in one of the post it is an adapter that could be offered through BLINK or CHARGEPOINT station.
CHAdeMO is a Japanese standard for DC fast charging, like J1772 is a standard for AC charging. Blink and Chargepoint are billing networks of charging stations, not types of charging stations. They may offer J1772 or CHAdeMO charging. Many CHAdeMO stations are are at Nissan dealers and not part of either billing network. The Model S comes with an adapter for J1772 charging. The CHAdeMO adapter is extra, and only useful for people who are traveling where there are CHAdeMO stations and not Tesla superchargers.