Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Duluth, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I count four chargers in the Plugshare photo. I'm a little disappointed that one must pay to get into the ramp. Granted, it's not much: $7 for 24 hours; wonder how much it is if one only stays for an hour. I don't mind paying at the CHAdeMO chargers, so I'm not sure why this bothers me. You can't leave your wallet at home if you plan to use this charger. Nevertheless, very good and exciting news that there will soon be a SC in Duluth. I'd drive up and take pictures myself, but my wife & daughter took the MS for the weekend. Ironic timing.

Tesla usually reaches a deal to make it free. In Normal, IL, you bring your parking ticket to the counter, show your key, and it'll be validated. At the Chattanooga airport, just present your ticket and they let you exit without paying.

Reactions: Karen in MN
I took the photo on Plugshare, there are four SC stalls. I asked if owners would have to pay the parking fee (1 hour would be $2 during the week and free on weekends), the clerk said that was TBD. I agree that you usually don't have to pay to charge, but it is inclear right now.

I took the photo on Plugshare, there are four SC stalls. I asked if owners would have to pay the parking fee (1 hour would be $2 during the week and free on weekends), the clerk said that was TBD. I agree that you usually don't have to pay to charge, but it is inclear right now.

The picture can be found at this PlugShare listing: Holiday Inn Suites - Duluth, MN — PlugShare

Duluth SC update

I stopped to see the progress on the Duluth SC last weekend. When I asked at the front desk about any details they could tell me, they suggested I email Gerry Goldfarb, the general manager of Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth. His reply: Bob, Good afternoon and happy Friday. Here is the best information I can give you at this time: · Tesla will provide its owners with notification once the chargers are online and available for use. I think it shouldn’t be too much longer. · Tesla vehicles will be allowed up to 1 hour of free parking while charging. Should they decided to stay overnight, parking is free, as it is for all of our hotel guests. · The Tesla chargers will be located on the 4th floor level of the parking ramp with ramp access entering on First street in downtown Duluth. There will be directional signs to their location within the ramp. · We highly encourage the Tesla drivers to Shop and Dine at the Holiday Center on the 2nd level of the complex and/or stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites while they are here in Duluth. You can also get a stamp on your parking ticket to stay longer than an hour if you dine at any of our three restaurants in the Holiday Center: Porters, Sneakers, or the Greenery. · We are very excited to see more and more Tesla cars coming to Duluth, enjoying Duluth, and hopefully staying with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites! Please feel free to post all of this to the Tesla groups. Thank you, Gerry Goldfarb General Manager Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth

- - - Updated - - -

It is interesting to see how big the conduit needs to be to handle all that power!

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 449
Parked on 4th floor on Friday and spoke with work crew. In response to my question, when will your work be completed, they said Wednesday. They gave me the impression that it could be operational by Wednesday... I didn't ask if that included Tesla's involvement and okay.

Gerry asked me to post this: Bob, Thanks again for the post. If you could add the following information to clear up some confusion as I read some earlier posts: We have two dual port ChargePoint charging stations (since 2013) that can charge up to 4 cars on our 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] level of our parking ramp and we will soon have four Tesla Superchargers at our hotel on the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] level of our ramp. Again one hour free parking to Tesla Supercharger users but always free for our hotel guests, weekends, and evenings after 7pm. Again, we are very excited to be seeing more Tesla cars up here in Duluth!

Thanks,
Gerry Goldfarb
General Manager
Holiday Inn & Suites

Gerry asked me to post this: Bob, Thanks again for the post. If you could add the following information to clear up some confusion as I read some earlier posts: We have two dual port ChargePoint charging stations (since 2013) that can charge up to 4 cars on our 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] level of our parking ramp and we will soon have four Tesla Superchargers at our hotel on the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] level of our ramp. Again one hour free parking to Tesla Supercharger users but always free for our hotel guests, weekends, and evenings after 7pm. Again, we are very excited to be seeing more Tesla cars up here in Duluth!

Thanks,
Gerry Goldfarb
General Manager
Holiday Inn & Suites

Gerry, thank you so much for supporting electric vehicles.