Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S on ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy must be off his rocker!!! Asking $147,000 for a 85D, not even a P85D. Someone even asked him if it was a typo and he said no!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Model...tr=true&hash=item2c9ccce219&item=191609233945

The frunk looks right for a D, but totally a weird deal for sure. There is no way you could buy a Tesla from the company and not get it registered - it's part of the sale and required I'd say. They wouldn't keep the registration with them otherwise it would just be a MFG car etc. This seems like a scam, stolen right off factory floor/lot (hehehe), or something else odd...

That and/or he is trying to milk the fact it isn't easy to buy in Texas, the tax would be avoided, etc. for someone that just doesn't want to wait.

Are we sure those are US dollars he's referring to? Maybe C$. Or some other currency....that's crazy

Even in Canadian dollars a brand new one with all the options would be cheaper. Actually, that sounds a lot like the one I saw on Autotrader Canada, for $145K. I said to my best friend "Are they on glue?"
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Tesla/Mo...19_8794127_/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=12_15_14776

- - - Updated - - -

Sure sounds like a scam.
Yeah. Smells to high heaven like a scam. Especially with that answer he gave the person who asked the question.

Cross referencing the radio station that is playing, the car IS located in Houston. Given that it's Texas, tesla would provide a MSO and not register it directly. So It's possible the tax credit has not been redeemed yet. HOWEVER, even a MSO still has the buyers information assigned to it on the back, so this guy would be title jumping, which means good luck registering it upon purchase.

This ($147,000) would be the highest price paid for ANY Tesla Model S I have ever seen.
And it is not even the current top-of-the-line P85D.
Of course, one could just go on-line and order the same car for ~$50K less than what the seller is asking, and still be assured that the $7,500 Federal tax rebate was valid.
Er, the car is NOT priced competitively with ANY Tesla Model S or similar vehicles I have ever seen.

Best of luck to the seller, hope he is successful.
(Or at least legit.)

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

If you can't afford it please move along to something in you price range and mind you own business!

On 6/28/15, 11:20 PM, XXXXXXXXXXXXX wrote:

Payment or price: robotechlegacy sent a message about Tesla : Model S 85-D #191609233945

Is this a joke or a scam? Did you add the #1 to the beginning of the price by accident?

- eric_t_tucker
Click the Respond button to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Respond

To: eric_t_tucker
Subject: Payment or price: XXXXXXXXXXXXX sent a message about Tesla : Model S 85-D #191609233945
Sent Date: Jun-28-15 21:20:23 PDT

Dear eric_t_tucker,

Is this a joke or a scam? Did you add the #1 to the beginning of the price by accident?

I am sorry but you all are being completely and outrageously unreasonable.

Did you not know that a used Model S is worth more than a new one? Someone went to a lot of time and effort to add those miles to the car and you are acting like that's not worth anything. It's like some people expect someone to loose money on a car sale. He's just charging you what he paid for the car and a few dollars for each quality mile driven, and possibly the sales tax paid on the car.