Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Crest Analyst: Model X Shells Piloted in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get ready, the Factory is gearing up big time to handle the demand. Looks like Elon's comments of getting 1000 Model Xs / week in Q4 might be possible.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...tory+Gearing+Up+-+Pacific+Crest/10681668.html

"We were encouraged to see Tesla's new body line (called Body Line 2) beginning to pilot Model X shells, and we view this as a good sign toward the company being able to launch the vehicle "on time." Compared to Body Line 1, the sheer size and greater number of production robots (we'd estimate 3x to 4x) was evident, and we couldn't help but notice several buses worth of new employees receiving training for the new line. To say the mood in the factory is one of "gearing up" would be an understatement," said Erickson.

Get ready, the Factory is gearing up big time to handle the demand. Looks like Elon's comments of getting 1000 Model Xs / week in Q4 might be possible.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...tory+Gearing+Up+-+Pacific+Crest/10681668.html

"We were encouraged to see Tesla's new body line (called Body Line 2) beginning to pilot Model X shells, and we view this as a good sign toward the company being able to launch the vehicle "on time." Compared to Body Line 1, the sheer size and greater number of production robots (we'd estimate 3x to 4x) was evident, and we couldn't help but notice several buses worth of new employees receiving training for the new line. To say the mood in the factory is one of "gearing up" would be an understatement," said Erickson.

...hmmmmm...I was on a factory tour this past Monday (2nd tour--first one in May 2013, this one for delivery of my wife's new S70D). I have a pretty keen eye and did not see any Model X parts. No obvious racks of Model X stamped body panels, no shells, nothing on the overhead lines or on the floor. We went by the main stamping line and the secondary stamping line, and drove along the 'inventory' of stampings waiting to enter the production line. There was however 1 vehicle under a black shroud in a glass enclosed space with a couple of other uncloaked Model S--maybe some know of engineering/design space on the factory floor). Maybe a Model X, but certainly cloaked from the tour route. And, FWIW, there is a sizable construction crew still building out the 2nd assembly line (not up and running as far as we were allowed to see). So I'm not sure what Erickson was seeing/allowed to see.

Well, Tesla told me that I will get mine by "Early 2016". That is as vague as it gets. If they make 1000 per week, they will have 20000 in 5 months and I *MIGHT* get mine in early 2016. I am a pessimist and believe that I will get it by the end of 2016. Glad to be proven wrong. Let us see.