Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does version 7.0 beta come out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think most believe this will go hand in hand with 7.0

In a previous announcement he said that auto-steering would come first (around June) and V7 was September/October time. I feel this is why he had to announce the beta at the shareholder meeting as technically the auto-steering is late and only just entering beta. They usually don't announce beta's so I thought this time around would be different and open to anyone given that Elon specifically said it was a Public beta. It is actually a closed beta and impossible to get on unless you have been invited (or know someone who can get you on!)

Has anybody received it yet? Weren't a few of us supposed to have it by end of June? :)

I don't think it was gonna be version 7.

The way I look at it, 6.3 which includes Autopilot Steering will be released to Early Access (Restricted Public Beta) testers by end of June. I think these ladies and gents are under NDA though, so even if they are testing, I doubt they'd chat about it.

Version 7 will probably debut on Model X which is slated for "release" in July. Really looking forward to it.

Yeah, it appears most new cars can self parallel park. No idea if the Tesla will be able to perpendicular park too, I'd certainly hope so, my reversing skills are rubbish. I keep accidentally ignoring the ridiculous parking chimes (they give no assistance at all really imo, if they increased in pitch and frequency like my old Audi's did then I'd stand a fighting chance). I've had a lot of close calls and finally hit something last week :(. I need auto parking :)

The new features including parallel parking where introduced in the beginning of October 2014. Almost 9 months ago.

"Changing lanes becomes as simple as a tap of the turn signal. When you arrive at your destination, Model S will both detect a parking spot and automatically park itself." on the Model S product page dated October 10, 2014.

Am I the only one who thinks Tesla should make big announcements of features they can actually deliver in a reasonable time frame? I mean proclaiming on the specs page that the car does automated parallel parking 9+ months before it actually does is just plain wrong.

The new features including parallel parking where introduced in the beginning of October 2014. Almost 9 months ago.

"Changing lanes becomes as simple as a tap of the turn signal. When you arrive at your destination, Model S will both detect a parking spot and automatically park itself." on the Model S product page dated October 10, 2014.

Am I the only one who thinks Tesla should make big announcements of features they can actually deliver in a reasonable time frame? I mean proclaiming on the specs page that the car does automated parallel parking 9+ months before it actually does is just plain wrong.

I'm with you on that. They might as well advertise a flying car. One day it'll be real.

Yeah, it appears most new cars can self parallel park. No idea if the Tesla will be able to perpendicular park too, I'd certainly hope so, my reversing skills are rubbish. I keep accidentally ignoring the ridiculous parking chimes (they give no assistance at all really imo, if they increased in pitch and frequency like my old Audi's did then I'd stand a fighting chance). I've had a lot of close calls and finally hit something last week :(. I need auto parking :)
Me too. I have made a few errors including a couple of scratches on my BMW that I made in my own garage. I took a quick look at my shame just before responding to this post. I really do not much care about complete automatic parking unless it is much better than the ones I have tried on BMW and Cadillac rental cars. I do care about front and rear cameras with color coding for distance based on really good sensors. I also do care about the auto-steering.

It would be nice if Elon could stop promising quick deliveries of new features and vehicles. realistically, were he realistic I doubt he'd have accomplished even a tiny fraction of what he has and we'd not have our beloved Teslas. Thus I have a high tolerance for very optimistic delivery times; I just add an undefined long time for the actual promise to be delivered. Eventually everything he promises does get delivered, doesn't it?

Musk does a great job at PR and hyping up the company. You gotta make big bold promises, don't worry that it'll take years to fulfill them. "No more range anxiety!" (p.s. it's beta, and works like ****). "Autopilot features are coming soon!" (soon is a relative term for 8-12 months). "Model X is almost here!" (lol)

Once you get comfortable with the rough idea of how Tesla operates, your expectations are set correctly and you'll be excited. The amount of change that my 2.5 year old car has experienced is phenomenal and beats the crap out of what any other automaker has done to date (my various other cars still have the same feature set, or less in the case of functionality disabled through a recall, as they had when I purchased them).

Yes, Elon makes big promises... and they're usually subject to the "what year?" provision when he mentions a date... but that's more than anyone else is doing.

"Soon." Or should I say, "Tesla soon." In all seriousness, I do wonder if the Space X rocket loss will increase Elon's "conservativeness" in letting features like autopilot, which include some inherent risk of unanticipated advererse incidents, out into the world. Seems a reasonable reaction to increase testing, further delaying autopilot launch.