Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG, I feel embarrassed with my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you open the door, the music partially MUTE automatically in the tesla right. Well, it failed to function yesterday.

I was picking up my girls, parked at the curb in front of the school. Went inside the school office, picked up my girls, and came back to the car as usual.

I opened the rear passenger door from the curb side as usual, this time my music was not partially MUTE, it was in almost FULL volume.

The worse part was my girls were arguing at the curb and they won't get in to the car. All the parents were looking at me, I was standing there for like over a minute, trying to get the girls inside so I can close the stupid door and shut the music.

It was embarrassing.

Was there someone else in the car? They couldn't turn the music down? Or did you leave your car running unattended in front of a school? Why not turn it down yourself before leaving the car so it's not sitting outside empty with loud music playing? This thread confuses me.

Was there someone else in the car? They couldn't turn the music down? Or did you leave your car running unattended in front of a school? Why not turn it down yourself before leaving the car so it's not sitting outside empty with loud music playing? This thread confuses me.

If you're playing off Slacker, it'll continue playing when you return to the car and open any door. Maybe there's an option to disable the autoplay? I haven't looked into that on my car.

Or did you leave your car running unattended in front of a school? Why not turn it down yourself before leaving the car so it's not sitting outside empty with loud music playing? This thread confuses me.

??? Within a few seconds of the driver leaving the seat, the Model S shuts down and there's nothing "left running". Opening a door wakes most things up again, including the music.

Friends at my sons school were quick to notice a stuck door handle that wouldn't retract & another time the charge port door open because the magnet became unglued...embarrassing for me & Tesla (school has plenty of potential buyers).

Thanks for the explanation. Now I get it. Sorry, I'm used to average cars where nothing turns on until you either turn a key or push a button.

Ya, Tesla doesn't work that way, when you open any door, the AC, Music are "ON". Except that the Music should be partially MUTE until your butt is on the driver seat and all doors are shut.

the auto partial MUTE for some reason, it didn't work.

Funny, I have never noticed this "feature" in my Model S. I'm just learning about it now! :)

As a habit in every car I've ever driven, I always always turn the music or radio or whatever down or even off before I stop the car and open the door to get out. So the OP's kind of situation would never occur.

FWIW, if you pause the music, it should stay paused (it used to). However, if the car goes to sleep, it will start playing the music again after it wakes up. This is a bug that has not yet been fixed in 6.2. The partial mute issue could be related.

The issue with Slacker continuing to play is almost the same bug.