Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NJ Plugin

Supporting Member
Apr 9, 2013
Doug, what is the status of the factory tours?

When I registered, I requested a factory tour. Did the emails go out with the tour information (and I missed it)?

Or has that information not been finalized yet?

Thanks.

Emails haven't gone out yet. I'll hopefully get to a first pass this weekend. Folks coming from out of town get priority and should mostly be able to get their first choice.

Here's some useful info about the tours:

• Each individual group will be a maximum of 25 people
  • No photo or video allowed inside the factory
  • Everyone must wear closed-toe shoes, pants, and a shirt with sleeves (short sleeves ok)
  • All children must be 48 inches or taller (the minimum height for our guard rails)
  • Guests should arrive at least 15 minutes ahead of their allocated time to ensure they can find parking – Friday and Monday it’s likely to be busy with normal employee cars (though I had it on the form, turns out there are no Thursday slots available)
  • Everyone will need to pre-sign Tesla's NDA to expedite the check in process (a pdf doc be attached to your email, you should print it out and bring a signed version with you)

Just went on our 2nd factory tour (delivery of my S85 May 2013, and my wife's S70D a few days ago). Still lots of fun and lots to see. However do not count on every part of the factory to be operational, depending on what day/time your tour is (for example, they could be swapping stamping dies). It's a must-see if you haven't had the opportunity. But do not expect to see any Model X bits and pieces, or a fully operational 2nd assembly line (was still under construction when we were there).

But do not expect to see any Model X bits and pieces, or a fully operational 2nd assembly line (was still under construction when we were there).

I fully expect to see Model Xs rolling off the line in all sorts of configurations and new colors. Oh wait, that was years ago. :rolleyes: Ha ha Anyway, I just got a factory tour time&date confirmation from the TMC saying we're in! Thanks guys, perfect timing, although it says Friday 12:30am. Shall I assume they mean PM? Either way :biggrin:

I fully expect to see Model Xs rolling off the line in all sorts of configurations and new colors. Oh wait, that was years ago. :rolleyes: Ha ha Anyway, I just got a factory tour time&date confirmation from the TMC saying we're in! Thanks guys, perfect timing, although it says Friday 12:30am. Shall I assume they mean PM? Either way :biggrin:

Yes, that was meant to be PM, not AM. However, a mid-night tour would have been kind of interesting :biggrin:

@Doug is our assigned time transferrable/swappable? We're driving up the morning of the 10th and have a 1:30pm appointment for my wife and I. And would be more comfortable with a 4:00pm or later appointment, if we can swap with someone else.

We got to Fremont at 4pm last time leaving LA at 8am. So, 1pm might mean leaving 5am (or...) Now if I can get a battery swap invite, perhaps I can make it faster.

Thanks,

--Dennis

YAY!! Brianman and I are on 12:30 Friday tour as well. We can share a tram, just like 2013.

Hi Doug. I'm in the same boat. My flight doesn't arrive until 1:30 p.m. on Friday and my tour was scheduled for 10:30 a.m.
I replied to the e-mail. I don't leave until Monday morning.
Stephen, what time do you leave on Monday? I have Monday 10:30AM slot, but at that time I will be half-way home in Washington State (have events planned for the evening on Monday). I would love to trade our slot (2 people) with you.

Stephen, what time do you leave on Monday? I have Monday 10:30AM slot, but at that time I will be half-way home in Washington State (have events planned for the evening on Monday). I would love to trade our slot (2 people) with you.

I leave early on Monday so although I can't take your slot, I have no use for my slot. Maybe Doug can work out the particulars to switch you to my time slot.

Me three :(
Decided to switch my return flight to the red-eye from SAC after the party to simplify travel, so no longer available for my Monday slot. And United rerouted me for a 5 hour layover, so I have to cancel that flight and work out another option for Thursday...

I leave early on Monday so although I can't take your slot, I have no use for my slot. Maybe Doug can work out the particulars to switch you to my time slot.
If you can't make your tour time, let us know by replying to your assignment email. You guys can't switch on your own since I need to be able to give a list of who's on each tour to Tesla.