Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Return to service center 3 times within 2 months!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. 2nd day after received the car - Automatic Emergency Braking is Disabled & Traction Control Disabled - 9 days to fix
2. 15 days later - Panoroof water leakage - 3 days to fix

3. 14 days later - Automatic Emergency Braking is Disable AGAIN!!!! & Charger pot is not able to open!!!

Any one of you have the same experience?

Just one 17" screen issue, in the past 10 months. Fixed same day.

Sounds like you were very unlucky with this.

That said, my roadster was a nightmare for the first six months, but has been fantastic for the 4 years following that :biggrin:

1. 2nd day after received the car - Automatic Emergency Braking is Disabled & Traction Control Disabled - 9 days to fix

3. 14 days later - Automatic Emergency Braking is Disable AGAIN!!!! & Charger pot is not able to open!!!

Any one of you have the same experience?

I think it's quite common to have small issues like that. I've had 4 issues fixed in 2 months and now there are a few more like charge port often not opening. All have been small issues which don't prevent me from using the car.

Hi Panu, could you share those issues you had? Do you have any issue appear again after fixed?

Yes, one reappeared:

- Warning about tire pressure monitor system problem (2 times)
- Driver side (manually folding) mirror did stay folded
- UMC stopped working

Right now in addition to charge port problems I think there is something wrong with the clove compartment because the door is very loose.

Yes, one reappeared:

- Warning about tire pressure monitor system problem (2 times)
- Driver side (manually folding) mirror did stay folded
- UMC stopped working

Right now in addition to charge port problems I think there is something wrong with the clove compartment because the door is very loose.

From your description, I guess yours isn't a Model S in Hong Kong but the Netherlands. Best of luck with the fixes.

My pana sunroof leaks under prolong exposure to heavy rain too! Had this fixed once but still leaks... And the charge port doesn't open when the body panel is warm (misalignment in panel fit)... But nothing that's a show stopper.

Will have these fixed next time I visit the service centre.

My pana sunroof leaks under prolong exposure to heavy rain too! Had this fixed once but still leaks... And the charge port doesn't open when the body panel is warm (misalignment in panel fit)... But nothing that's a show stopper.

Will have these fixed next time I visit the service centre.

It seems a very common on the rooftop, how serious is your problem? Say just 'watermark' around the roof or just water drop?

Sorry for your bad experience with MS. What is your model and VIN? Did they tell you the cause of 1 & 3?
I learn that they have a good CS. Hope your issues will get fixed soon.

Sorry for your bad experience with MS. What is your model and VIN? Did they tell you the cause of 1 & 3?

sorry to here this, sounds like Tesla HK have very good after service and most fixes are within 1 day.
Im thinking twise on the glass roof now that they still have not fixed it in US.

My Model is MS85. They explained to me that the front facing camera which to detect the road speed limit sign was not working. Then they send a new camera from US to replace it. However, it happened again. Then they told me its about the software problem. This time they updated to the latest firmware version 6.2(2.4.249).

Its quite horrible that the warnings appear when i was driving. Hope the warning will not appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems a very common on the rooftop, how serious is your problem? Say just 'watermark' around the roof or just water drop?

Hi Mille, it was like a cup of water pour over my head when i was driving downhill. Tesla service center told me that there was a hole up there and the water trap inside the rubber like gutter.
IMG-20150609-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20150609-WA0002.jpg

My Model is MS85. They explained to me that the front facing camera which to detect the road speed limit sign was not working. Then they send a new camera from US to replace it. However, it happened again. Then they told me its about the software problem. This time they updated to the latest firmware version 6.2(2.4.249).

Its quite horrible that the warnings appear when i was driving. Hope the warning will not appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Mille, it was like a cup of water pour over my head when i was driving downhill. Tesla service center told me that there was a hole up there and the water trap inside the rubber like gutter. View attachment 85344View attachment 85345

thats terrible
Hope it Canberra fixed

Not too serious. A few drops under heavy rain... Annoying rather than life threatening.

what's life threatening is the quality of wiper! One word sums it up - horrible, and I've reservation driving the car in a storm. But good news is that I heard the newer batch has proper Bosch wiper blade, hence this shouldn't be an issue if you're getting a new car.

- - - Updated - - -

Not too serious. A few drops under heavy rain... Annoying rather than life threatening.

what's life threatening is the quality of wiper! One word sums it up - horrible, and I've reservation driving the car in a storm. But good news is that I heard the newer batch has proper Bosch wiper blade, hence this shouldn't be an issue if you're getting a new car.

Looking at all these problems, I have reservation to make an order. After all, it is not a cheap car!

I went to the showroom this afternoon to "examine" the car (inside and outside) the very first time. As I showed much enthusiasm in the car, I managed to get a chance to test drive the car without the need to make a reservation. Well, although the car looks big (a bit bigger than my 528i), it is not difficult to manoeuvre. The car just picks up speed instantaneously, absolutely no hold back at all. Parking it is not difficult although I think I need to practice this for several times to master it. The sales guy said that the recent batch of cars might have the glass roof leaking problem and I think the head office should be informed of this. Since I had done my "homework" before going, I knew what to look for and what to ask. I was satisfied with the legroom and cosiness of the car, I therefor made an order. Now I have yet to decide if I should take the Ultra High Fidelity Sound System. Any advice?